Vice President of Marketing Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
A proven contributor to the vitality and success of top-tier organizations based upon strong business acumen, adaptive strategic thinking, sound analytics and a deep competitive drive. A notable record of success that includes identifying and taking new business opportunities to market, defining and implementing robust strategic plans, and establishing long term customer relationships.
- Piloted, established, and grew a stand alone new product innovation team to unparalleled success.
- Responsible for a corporate growth rate of 22% by establishing breakthrough new categories.
- Launched a breakthrough new program at The Home Depot worth $75 million at invoice.
- Responsible for managing a $3 million research and development budget across multiple projects.
- Strategically managed multiple brands to improve consumer loyalty, block competitors and grow market share.
- Leveraged consumer research and price analytics to maximize retail price points and corporate profitability.
- Mentored several direct reports promoted to leadership positions within the organization.
04/2011 - present, Senior Director of Marketing, Liberty Hardware Manufacturing Corp. [MAS], Winston-Salem
- Drove programs that resulted in more than $85 million in incremental annual sales.
- Established and executed strategies that allowed a share constricted company to grow by 22%.
- Developed a first of its kind consumer enabled digital customization tool that increased online sales by 30%.
- Established a robust product development pipeline enabling a minimum of 3 project in development concurrently.
- Established dedicated project management leads as an organizational best practice.
- Utilizing a broad range of consumer and market research to identify and confirm consumer requirements and market opportunities to develop and place new products.
- Consistently leverages innovation as a means to improved retail price points, customer margin, and overall product profitability.
05/2009 - 04/2011, Director of Marketing, The Freedom Group - Remington, Marlin, H&R [Private Equity], Madison, NC
- Strategic Business Leader with P&L responsibility accountable for development and implementation of key strategic initiatives that grew existing product categories with annual sales in excess of $85 million.
- Developed marketing plans for both new and existing product categories by channel: including brand development, commercialization plans, pricing strategies, and promotional opportunities.
- Established an end-user advisory council to help define new product requirements, provide an end-user testing platform, validated end-user expectations, and confirm consumer messaging.
- Developed and implemented a company-wide pricing protocol that redefined the company’s go to market strategy.
04/2007 - 05/2009, Director of Marketing - Pro Channels, Senco Brands [Private Equity], Cincinnati, OH.
- Responsible for the brand, product and channel marketing efforts that drove sales in excess of $185 million dollars annually.
- Managed product life-cycles from development, design, and commercialization through the sales cycle; resulting in new product growth of $10 million.
- Managed 8 direct reports responsible for product marketing, brand marketing, channel marketing, pricing, and marketing communications.
03/2005 - 02/2007, Senior Product Manager, Irwin Industrial Tool Co. [NWL], Huntersville, NC.
- Managed and grew multiple product categories worth $30 million in annual sales.
- Identified productivity projects responsible for savings in excess of $250,000.
- Captured $10 Million in new business by establishing near neighbor product categories.
Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Psychology, New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Quality Improvement Partners, LLC
Leadership Development Program, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Watershed Negotiating I & II, Watershed Associates Inc.