Your success story begins with a resume. The Kickresume.
Welcome to Kickresume, the best choice in kicking off your dream career!
Before you impress your potential employer with the best resume and cover letter created with Kickresume, please, read carefully our information on how we process your personal data in accordance with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter the GDPR).
Who procesess your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the Controller:
Kickresume s.r.o., having its registered address at: 148 Beckov 916 38, the Slovak Republic, Identification No.: 48 073 962, registered with the Commercial Register kept by the District Court Trenčín, Section: Sro, Entry No.: 31419/R
(hereinafter as the “Controller”).
Do you have any questions regarding personal data? Please, contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
For what purpose and legal grounds do we process your data?
- Your personal data is processed through an online platform operated on the domain kickresume.com (“Platform”) and our mobile app Kickresume: AI Resume Builder (“Mobile App”).
- With the personal data you provide, based on your choice our system will create a CV, Cover letter or Personal website for you with the graphic design of your preference. If you choose so, our solutions using artificial intelligence (AI) may be engaged in creating your CV, Cover letter or Personal Website (hereinafter as the “Services”). For more details, please, refer to description of our Services on our Platform and our Terms and Conditions.
- When using our Services through our Platform or Mobile App, either with the AI help or not, we process your personal data for the purposes of entering into agreement and carrying out such agreement on provision of our Services based on your decision to engage with our Services. The agreement also involves creating your account via registration into our Platform (legal basis: the conclusion and performance of a contract in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR). Therefore, the processing your personal data for such purposes is a contractual requirement as well as requirement necessary to enter into the contract and without providing the data the conclusion of the contract and using our Services is not possible.
- As a company residing in the Slovak Republic, we are required to comply with applicable law, especially laws on accounting and tax duties, etc. Therefore, we will process your data on a basis of a statutory obligation (legal basis: compliance with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR). Therefore, the processing your personal data for such purposes is a statutory requirement and without using the data for the above purpose we wouldn´t be able to comply with our statutory duties.
- We also wish to let you know what benefits, special offers or new products we have for you via our e-mail newsletter. Therefore, if you do not object, your personal data may be used for the purposes of direct e-mail marketing and sending newsletters containing up-to-date information on various benefits that may be interesting to you or personalized job offers (legal basis: our legitimate interest on business development and improvement of relations with our customers in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest on sending newsletters by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link present in every delivered e-mail or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that you´ll still receive e-mails with information relating to our contract (e.g. change in Terms & Conditions).
- We also process your personal data for the purposes of understanding how our Services are used by our customers and how we can improve them for you (by, in particular, analysing data we collected in necessary extent and making anonymous statistics) (legal basis: legitimate interest in evaluating, developing and improving our Services as well as products and systems for better user experience) in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) of GDPR). We also need to collect and store some specific data (e.g. your logins into your account, information on your device you used upon login into your account, IP address, etc.) to ensure security of our Platform and Mobile App, to protect your account and data from unauthorized access and from various attacks on our systems by bots and other forms of security incidents. This processing is based on our legitimate interest on securing our systems against any security threats.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest on grounds relating to your particular situation via e-mail at email@example.com.
- On the basis of your consent granted through ticking the relevant tick box, you agree that your personal data may be provided to: (i) partner employers and/or (ii) job recruitment agencies with which the Controller has concluded an agreement, for their own purposes, mainly of approaching you with job offers (legal basis: consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). For more information on processing of your personal data by the partners please refer to their privacy policies. You always have the right to withdraw the consent provided for such purpose by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the particular partner directly.
- The Controller does not carry out automated individual decision-making including profiling with your data.
What personal data do we process?
The Controller processes in particular ordinary category of your personal data, for
your title, name, surname, address of permanent residence, delivery address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, age, marital status, information on the education, achieved degrees, courses attended, lectures, certificates or licenses, information on the membership in associations or organisations, language skills, information on former professional experience or practice, hobbies, picture, and any other data provided by you voluntarily when you use our Services (i.e., when creating your CV, Cover letter or Personal website) and other personal data you provide us with upon your registration into our Platform and/or using our Services, especially payment details.
Testimonials: We display anonymous personal testimonials of customers on our Platform. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your
testimonial, you can contact us email@example.com.
Personal data provided by you are only visible to you unless you grant your consent to provide your data to our partners (see Section 2.7 above); the Controller doesn't publish your personal data. Upon your own discretion, you can decide to publish your personal data.
- We collect your data primarily from you when you create an account on our Platform and use our Services. We may also collect some data from third parties, for example, if you choose to use your social network account to log into your Kickresume account, we will collect necessary data from the social network of your choice.
- The Controller processes in particular ordinary category of your personal data, for instance:
How long do we process the data?
- The Controller stores your personal data until your account is closed. You may close your account anytime. Your data will still be accessible for additional 30 days after you close the account in case you change your mind. After the 30 days all your data will be deleted and you will have to open a new account.
- If your account is not closed, your data is stored for maximum of 5 years from your last log in. After this period your account is cancelled, and all your data deleted. You´ll be notified by an e-mail before your account is about to be cancelled.
During the period of 5 years, you may log into your account any time and you´ll find all your data you need to create a new resume or other documents. All your documents you created will still be there in your account ready to be updated.
- Your identification and payment details are stored within a period required by the applicable law, mainly accounting laws (usually 10 years from the year the data is collected).
Who may have access to your data?
- Among our processors there are our partners who provide us with IT services, accounting services, business and marketing consulting, etc. The Controller has taken the appropriate contractual and organisational measures to ensure that such processors process your personal data only upon our instructions in order to provide us with their services and are able to provide the market highest security standards.
The Controller may provide your resume or cover letter on the basis of your consent to the following categories of recipients being the third parties: (i) partner employers and/or (ii) job recruitment agencies, with which the Controller has concluded an agreement, for the purposes of approaching you with their job offers.
Do we send the data to third countries?
- The Controller may in necessary extent transfer your personal data to the third countries, i.e., countries that are not member states of the European Union or a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, where we engage with external service providers, e.g. when you use our AI-based services. In such case, we transfer your personal data only to countries that are considered to have an adequate level of protection in accordance with the EU Commission's decision on adequacy (e.g. such as Adequacy Decision for the EU-US Data Privacy Framework from 10 July 2023) or there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as standard contract clauses. Regardless of the country in which your personal data is processed, the Controller takes appropriate technical, legal and organisational measures to ensure adequate level of protection as guaranteed in the European Union and the European Economic Area. If you wish to know more about international transfers of your personal data and the appropriate safeguards that we have in place to govern the transfer of your personal data, you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights under GDPR?
- You have a right of access to your personal data we process. This means you can contact us and request from us a confirmation whether or not your personal data is being processed and if so, you have the right to request access to your data, and we will provide to you a copy of your personal data processed by us and certain information on processing your data if you request so (stating, in particular, purposes, categories of personal data, categories of recipients of personal data, storage periods or criteria for determining storage periods, etc.).
- You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data of yours rectified.
- You may also ask us to erase your personal data from our systems. We will comply with such request unless we have a legitimate ground not to delete your personal data.
- You have the right to object to processing that is based on a legitimate interest of ours on grounds relating to your particular situation as described above. We may, however, continue to process your personal data, despite your objection to the processing, if we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your privacy interest. If you object to direct e-mail marketing, we will cease the processing immediately.
- Where your personal data is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing of your personal data based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- You may request us to restrict certain processing of your personal data in cases set out in GDPR.
- You have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in order to transmit the personal data to another controller (right to data portability).
- As the data subject, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic (Úrad na ochranu osobných údajov), Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava, the Slovak Republic (Slovenská republika), website: https://dataprotection.gov.sk/uoou/sk/, or with the respective supervisory authority in the EU Member State where you usually reside, where you work or where the place where your rights are allegedly infringed is located, should you believe that your personal data may be processed unlawfully.
- If you do not possess full legal capacity, your rights can be exercised by your statutory guardian or holder of parental responsibility.
How can you exercise your rights?
- via e-mail to the e-mail address email@example.com; or
- in writing sent to our registered seat as stated above,
Please, make sure that it is clear from your application that you are asserting your right under the GDPR.
Children’s Privacy is the priority
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important for us. For that reason, Kickresume does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Accordingly, children under the age of 16 may only use the service with the permission and supervision of their parents.
How do we protect your data?
The best we can. Protecting your privacy and data is Kickresume’s top priority. We apply highest industry cybersecurity standards, and we carry out regular checks on the applied security measures. It applies from the very beginning - for example, when you provide us with your data we immediately encrypt the data using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, in particular, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Kickresume or guarantee that your information on the Kickresume may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Data Protection Officer
Kickresume s.r.o. has a "Data Protection Officer" who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection.
This Data Protection Officer can be reached at following address:
Martin Kosír, Štefanovičová 8, 81104 Bratislava, Slovakia, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declaration of the User and changes
Cookies are small bits of data which get stored on your computer. This information usually isn’t enough to directly identify you, but it allows us to deliver a page tailored to your particular needs and preferences.
We use them to:
- Keep you signed in
- Remember information you gave us about you, so you don’t have to give it to us every single time you stop by. Like your cookies preferences
- Understand how you use our services, so we can make them better and provide you with personalized content
- Uniquely identify your browser and internet device, thanks to which we and our partners can target you with discounts to our service, ads and specialized content
You can change your Kickresume cookie settings at any time.
There are different types of cookies we use:
Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function, and they cannot be switched off. We also need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? We use these cookies when you sign in to Kickresume. We also use them to remember things you’ve already done, like text you’ve entered into a registration form, so it’ll be there when you go back to the page in the same session. We also need them when use our chat to communicate with us.
We are using our own cookies in addition to NewRelic, PayPal, Ziprecruiter, Google Analytics, Tapfiliate, Hotjar, and Intercom (live chat & support).
Thanks to these cookies, we can count visits and traffic sources to our pages based on your consent. This allows us to measure and improve the performance of our website and continually improve our platform and services for you.
Performance cookies let us see which pages are the most and least popular, and how you and other visitors move around the site.
If you don’t let us use these cookies with your consent, you’ll leave us in the dark a bit, as we won’t be able to give you the content you may like.
We are using Mixpanel, Sentry, ProfitWell, LinkedIn and Crazy egg.
We use these cookies to uniquely identify your browser and internet device based on your consent. Thanks to them, we and our partners can build a profile of your interests and target you with discounts to our service and specialized content.
On the other hand, these cookies allow some companies target you with advertising on other sites. This is to provide you with advertising that you might find interesting, rather than with a series of irrelevant ads you don’t care about.
Specifically, we are using Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google´s Doubleclick Digital Marketing (DDM).
After 12 months we’ll ask for your consent again or you can delete cookies anytime in your browser. Feel free to contact us if you want to know more.
List of recipients
|Amazon Web Services, Inc.||Infrastructure as a service||All customer data (content, contact, purchase, technical)|
|Apple Inc.||User analytics and Advertising||Contact data, purchase data|
|Crazy Egg, Inc.||A/B testing of our Site||Necessary data obtained through cookies|
|Google, Inc.||User analytics and Advertising||Contact data, purchase data, user behaviour|
|Hotjar Ltd||User analytics||User behaviour analytics|
|iKros a.s.||Accounting||Contact data, purchase data|
|Intercom, Inc.||Onboarding and support||All customer data|
|Linode, LLC||Infrastructure as a service, hosting||All customer data (content, contact, purchase, technical)|
|Mixpanel, Inc.||User analytics||User behaviour analytics|
|Microsoft Corporation||Advertising||User behaviour|
|OMEGA||Accounting||Contact data, purchase data|
|OpenAI OpCo, LLC||Using AI services if requested so by our customers||Personal data necessary for provision of the service using AI|
|Paypal Holdings, Inc.||Payments||Contact data, purchase data, payment data|
|Sparkpost||Email management||Contact data|
|200 OK, LLC (ProfitWell)||Payment analytics||Contact data, purchase data|
|Zoho Corporation B.V.||User analytics||Data on interacting of users with the website|