Purchasing Specialist Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Results-oriented and self-driven Purchasing Specialist adept at processing purchase orders, evaluating procurement requirements and needs, and maintaining professional relationships with vendors. Offers a Business Administration degree from the world-famous university and well-developed critical thinking skills. Great communicator with extensive knowledge of multiple procurement software programs and significant ability to work and perform in a team.
08/2017 - 08/2019, Purchasing Specialist, ABB, Inc., Richland Hills, TX, United States
- Assessed and evaluated the company's procurement needs and goals, prepared and planned purchases, and implemented new procurement methods.
- Processed all purchase orders, negotiated contracts and agreements with suppliers, and produced detailed procurement schedules.
- Identified potential business partners, developed strategic relations with vendors, and conducted professional supply/demand research.
- Monitored incoming and outgoing products, managed correspondence, and worked on the development of new procedures to reduce procurement costs - decreased the expenses by 27% in 2018.
- Completed monthly reports and executed other duties as assigned by supervisor.
09/2013 - 05/2017, Business Administration, University of Miami, Miami, FL, United States
GPA: 3.98 (Top 5% of the Program)
The 2015 Academic Excellence Award winner
Clubs and Societies: FinTech Society, Psychology Society, Volleyball Team
09/2009 - 05/2013, High School, Gymnasium Wasagasse, Vienna, Austria
Activities: Economics Society, Football Team, Chess Club
SAP SRM, Tradogram
Good Team Player
09/2011 - 05/2013, Class Treasurer, Gymnasium Wasagasse, Vienna, Austria
05/2019, Certified Purchasing Manager, American Procurement Institute