How to build a great call center operator resume?
As a Call Center Operator, you are always ready to masterfully assist your customers, handling inbound and outbound calls, emails or text messages. You provide information, solve all kinds of issues, and listen to numerous complaints with Gandhi’s attitude.
You are basically a superhero with a deep respect for customers who may not always share the same tact.
Crafting a resume that will get you the desired job can often come with a few questions. Luckily, you will not need to crack these on your own.
Still looking for a job? These 100+ resources will tell you everything you need to get hired fast.
1. How to easily format your call center operator resume?
Bad resume formatting can ruin your chances right from the start. Who would want to read a text that is hard to navigate?
Any hiring manager has about as much time for your resume as a salesman for their elevator pitch.
Use an impeccable layout and your CV will surely keep a recruiter’s attention.
- Organize your resume segments in a neat way.
- Make sure that there is enough space between individual sections.
- Write clear headings.
- Avoid pompous fonts, and opt for the classic ones such as Calibri, Constantia or Gill Sans.
- If you want to use color, do it wisely. Go for a subtle one.
- List your job experiences and education in a reverse-chronological order.
- Save your CV as a PDF document.
Choose your preferred template and make your resume shine.
2. How to make your professional summary captivating?
If only there was a formula for writing a perfect professional profile.
Well, there might not be any guaranteed formula, but you can certainly use a balanced combination of quantified achievements and desired skills. Strive to meet the needs of the employer in the job posting.
Call center operator professional summary example
An enthusiastic and self-directed Call Center professional with over 2 years of experience in producing effective in-bound and out-bound calls in high volume call centers. Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, proficient in CRM software and call center technology. Reached and maintained 98% customer satisfaction for Marknight.
3. What are the finest skills for your call center operator resume?
When it comes to your soft skill-set, show the hiring manager that you can effectively address a problem, communicate with confidence, and you are practically stress-proof.
The best soft skills for your call center operator CV
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Customer Service Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Persuade
- Stress Resilience
Besides outlining your productive personality traits, showcase your technical proficiency. Always relate to the job posting, and accordingly choose from following hard skills list.
Effective call center operator hard skills
- MS Office
- CRM software
- Call Center Technology
- Data Entry
- Collation skills
- CS Principles and Practices
4. How to build an effective job experience section for your call center operator cv?
Give the hiring manager bullet-proof reasons to hire you. Quantify your accomplishments and tailor your work history to the job posting using the right keywords.
Experienced call center operator work description example
Call Center Operator
- Conducted effective and efficient transactions with customers, employed calm and reassuring telephone etiquette.
- Maintained 98% customer service satisfaction rating.
- Managed to rapidly learn 150+ product and service descriptions.
- Provided managers with requested information in a timely manner.
- Won Silver Award for total daily logging and daily productivity 46 contacts/working day.
What if you have absolutely no experience working at a call center?
Well, you can still mention small jobs, volunteering activities or internships. The key is to emphasize the relevant skills you have acquired in each role.
Listing a fair amount of experience even for an inexperienced candidate could look like this
Customer Service Experience
- Effectively communicated with customers via phone and received five-star review average for my promptness at resolving issues at Breakfast Brothers.
- Took phone orders and provided outstanding service as Nico’s Meat waiter. Used customer service skills to build relationships.
- Earned referrals due to my exceptional problem-solving skills while working as a part-time secretary at Ben’s Agency.
5. How to list your education in a call center operator resume?
It is a great advantage for a call center operator job applicant to have a college degree in such areas as communications or marketing.
However, it is not a must, and a high school diploma may be an acceptable qualification.
Many high school graduates are not confident enough when it comes to listing their academic achievements. The good news is that you can always nail your education resume section if you target the best and the most relevant accomplishments.
Listing high school achievements in a call centre operator resume
The Villa High School
- Excelled in Information and Communications Technology
- Positive Attitude Award recipient
- Voted Leader of the Debate Team
- Named to Honor Roll all four years
6. What are the best extra sections to put on your call center operator resume?
To choose the right extra sections for your resume, just think of the activities that have helped you acquire a particular set of skills you would need as a call center operator.
If you, for instance, participated in an online training about Stress Management Strategies, you may perfectly list it as follows:
- Bern Portal – Staying Connected, Stress Management Strategies 2019
Select the most adequate extra sections for your resume from the list below:
- Extracurricular Activities
- Training Courses
- Volunteering Activities