Yoga Instructor Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly motivated and energetic Yoga Instructor who is comfortable working with people of all ages and has deep knowledge about asana, as well as relaxation and breathing techniques. Enjoy inspiring others to improve wellness and commit to long-term health and fitness goals. Committed to providing extensive instruction and counseling to clients, while motivating them to find true inner peace and their healthiest self. Possesses skills to modify the practice on-demand based on the abilities or injuries of class participants.
09/2015 - 08/2019, YOGA INSTRUCTOR, Yoga Center, California, US
With a deep enthusiasm for yoga & fitness:
- Conducted beginner and intermediate level Pilates and Yoga classes for members.
- Provided guided meditation at the beginning and end of each class to help students center themselves and get the most out of each session.
- Gave in-depth understanding of breathing techniques.
- Addressed incorrect movements and reposition students.
- Prepared classroom areas before each group arrives.
- Provided students with excellent knowledge of human anatomy and impact of asanas on different body parts.
- Led group classes and teaching clients basic and advanced techniques of Yoga.
- Built genuine relationships with clients to establish my value as a wellness educator.
- Socialized with club members and promoted internal events and programs.
09/2011 - 08/2015, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Marymount California University, California, United States
Years in college were spent feeding my passion for body and yoga. My studies have given me great perspective on the relationship between sport and inner peace.
First-Aid & CPR Certification
500-hour Yoga Training, California Yoga Center
Certified Yoga Teacher, Yoga Association of California
09/2014 - present, Yoga Instructor, California Youth Center
Voluntarily educating teenagers about the importance of mental health.
03/2011, Driving Licence, Driving School