Software Engineering Manager Resume Sample (Text version)
Relentless problem solver applying analytical, design, and technical skills to supervise entire software development lifecycle. Effective hands-on leader with outstanding success in developing applications to analyze sales growth and marketing strategy for established and start-up firms. Well recognized for strong leadership and project management abilities while leading cross-functional teams in fast-paced, competitive work environments. History of effective systems engineering in Client/Server/Web/ Enterprise software and SaaS/SOA development.
- Proven leadership characteristics and have successfully managed high performing software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Solid experience in software engineering using multiple languages, frameworks.
- High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through strong communication skills.
- Motivation to explore new technologies, to learn, and to overcome unique challenges.
- Curiosity of open source frameworks/packages.
09/2014 - 08/2019, Software Engineering Manager, Soft Tech, Zurich, Switzerland
- Improved business operations by providing merchants with detailed root-cause analyses of pricing related issues.
- Coordinated the product roadmap between the full site and mobile applications to improve quality, consistency, and client satisfaction.
- Ensured compliance with the established software development methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) for these projects.
- Conducted application code reviews to ensure compliance with application development best practices.
- Implemented well-architected, well-documented, high-quality code at a fast pace.
- Interacted with stakeholders throughout the Engineering department.
03/2006 - 02/2014, Software Engineering Manager, DISH Network, Munich, Germany
- Dramatically improved reliability and capacity of the image processing system, from 110,000 assets per day to eight million, reducing the six-week manual process to one day, through a redesign.
- Delivered all projects on time and within forecasted budgets.
- Proven record of recruiting, developing, and retaining great talent, building world-class development teams.
- Managed a team of 20 engineers and was responsible for their mentorship, growth, performance evaluation and job satisfaction.
- Provided Assistance to teams in Release Scoring: Adherence to timelines, unit tests, and scope.
- Led organizational changes that allow your teams to deliver better quality at a faster rate.
09/2001 - 06/2002, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Munich University, Munich, Germany