Publisher Resume Template (Text version)
Address: 2709 Hedge Street, 55412, Houston, TX, United States
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 908-654-8959
Results-driven and knowledgeable Publisher with a proven track record of extraordinary achievements in increasing sales and circulation, discovering and launching new books and magazines, and developing marketing strategies and plans. The Publisher of the Year Award winner with well-developed leadership skills, excellent negotiation/communication skills, and ability to perform well in fast-paced environments.
06/2017 - 03/2019, Publisher, AuthorHouse, Inc., Houston, TX, United States
- Arranged editing and production of new marketable pieces of work, oversaw book design, and launched new print publication.
- Managed a monthly magazine and supervised a team of 15 editors and contributors.
- Worked on new sales strategies and acted as a public face of AuthorHouse at various social events.
- Negotiated contracts and worked on promotional campaigns.
- Won the 2018 Publisher of the Year Award.
06/2014 - 06/2017, Publisher, Blurb, Inc., Newark, NJ, United States
- Oversaw contributing writers and was responsible for all aspects of the creation of new business and lifestyle magazine (BusinessWorld).
- Developed and implemented new marketing strategies in order to create awareness and increase revenue and profits.
- Conducted deep market analysis and coordinated publication schedule.
- Pro-actively participated in weekly team meetings with the Board of Directors and worked closely with the company owner.
- Increased sales by 145% in 2015 and 90% in 2016.
09/2013 - 05/2014, Advertising & Communications Management, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, United States
09/2010 - 05/2013, Marketing & Business, Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, France
GPA: 3.84 (Top 10% of the Program)
Clubs and Societies: Marketing Society, Psychology Society, Tennis Club
09/2006 - 05/2010, Gymnasium, Gymnazium Ladislava Novomeskeho, Senec, Slovakia
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
Scribus, Adobe InDesign
Ability to Work under Pressure
09/2012 - 05/2013, Vice President, Burgundy School of Business Marketing Society, Dijon, France
07/2013, Leadership Development Certification, University of Houston-Victoria
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book
Every kind of sport