Assistant Editor Resume Example (Text version)
Address: 7491 Old York Street Corona, 11368, New York City, NY, United States
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 202-555-0181
American Cinema Editors Award winner for the best edit offering extensive 8+ years of filmmaking experience adept at performing well within very tight deadlines.
Detail-oriented and creative Assistant Editor with a proven track record of success, more than 300 edited videos, and proficiency in using various video editing programs, such as Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere.
08/2017 - 02/2019, Assistant Editor, Bobit Business Media, Inc., New York City, NY, United States
- Reviewed, cut and assembled raw footage ensuring that client's vision was fully met.
- Independently edited more than 100 educational videos from start to finish.
- Worked on trailers and other digital promotional content.
- Collaborated and worked closely with producers and scriptwriters.
- Extensive experience using Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere.
06/2016 - 08/2017, Assistant Editor, Guardian News & Media, Inc., New York City, NY, United States
- Created and co-edited world news videos for Guardian US.
- Worked and performed well within very tight deadlines.
- Assisted senior editor with reviewing and organizing footage.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
- Won the 2016 American Cinema Editors Award for the best edit.
09/2012 - 05/2016, Film and Media Studies, Columbia University, New York City, NY, United States
Top 5% of the Program
Clubs and Societies: Film Society, Hockey Club, Riding Club
09/2010 - 05/2012, IB Diploma Program, International School EKOLA, Wroclaw, Poland
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 6 subjects)
Video Editing Skills
Avid Media Composer
Final Cut Pro
Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas Pro
Windows Movie Maker
Ability to Work under Pressure
Good Team Player
10/2010 - 04/2012, Videographer, International School EKOLA, Wroclaw, Poland
10/2018, Certified Film Editor, American Film Institute