How to build a professional copywriter resume?
The big question we may often hear is, “What do copywriters actually do?”.
One could see them as strategists who craft desirable content. They will steer more visitors to your page or get more people to buy your product.
They are here to persuade with their writing, whether it is a social media post, blog entry, slogan or an email campaign. Copywriters strive to make you find what you have been looking for, and they will most probably succeed by appealing to you.
Despite their facility for producing text, even the most skilled copywriters may find writing their own resume backbreaking.
Let us explore some useful tips on how to make your Copywriter CV as captivating as your copy:
- Charge your copywriter professional profile with relevant keywords.
- Market your best soft and hard skills in your copywriter CV.
- Strike a fair balance in your professional experience resume section.
- Make your copywriter resume education section sparkle with achievements.
- Tailor your copywriter resume extra sections to the job listing.
- Beef up your copywriter resume using a neat layout.
Still looking for a job? These 100+ resources will tell you everything you need to get hired fast.
1. Charge your copywriter professional profile with relevant keywords
A resume summary is what outlines your career and accomplishments. It is basically your copy’s headline. To make a hiring manager carry on reading, you will need to charge that headline with the words they are looking for.
As a skilled copywriter, you certainly master quite a few ways of effective keyword research. Luckily, you will not have to go far for the most relevant expressions to use in your copywriter resume profile.
The job posting is your cache, and it is waiting for you to masterfully turn its raw material into an engaging resume summary.
Copywriter professional summary section example
Enthusiastic and innovative Marketing Copywriter with over 5 years of experience producing email campaigns and writing gripping copy for web content and advertising materials. Incremented email revenue by 23% in 6 months. Established great readability and increased SEO traffic from 0.5 million to 3 million visitors monthly in 6 months.
2. Market your best soft and hard skills in your copywriter CV
Can you produce captivating and unique copywriting content? Well, you are surely creative and original then.
Are you striving for your text to be always relevant? Then you are also certainly best characterized by your eagerness to acquire new knowledge.
Do you meet deadlines with ease? Your outstanding organization skills and time management are well-implied then.
- Critical Thinking
- Eagerness to Learn
- Time Management
Always check your copywriting skills against the job posting requirements. List first the ones that match.
Add any extra technical skills that you find useful for the job, and complement your hard skills resume section:
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Image Optimization
- Target Audience Analysis
- UX design
- HTML & CSS
3. Strike a fair balance in your professional experience resume section
Describing past work experience can for many job seekers feel like a pain in the neck.
Follow these simple tips, and you will soon get out of the woods:
- Pick the most relevant and the most recent job positions.
- Be concise and selective when it comes to your achievements and duties.
- Use powerful action verbs, such as enhance, stimulate, accomplish, spearhead, increment, mentor, maximize, conceptualize, develop, escalate, etc.
- Employ numbers to measure your accomplishments.
Copywriter resume work experience sectionMark & Benson Agency, Texas
- Crafted 80+ compelling product descriptions and blog posts enhancing the importance of Mark & Benson’s new cloud services.
- Escalated the IG follower base by 1.2 million.
- Incremented SEO traffic from 0.5 million to 3 million visitors monthly in 6 months
- Spearheaded and mentored the team of 5 writers.
4. Make your copywriter resume education section sparkle with achievements
Has your job description impressed the hiring manager? So can your education segment! Add some more sparkle to your resume by mentioning your academic accomplishments related to the job posting.
Listing education in your copywriter CV
University of Europe
BA in Communications
- Excelled in Persuasive Writing
- Winner, Student Writing Contest 2014
- Area of interest: Global Digital Cultures
5. Tailor your copywriter resume extra sections to the job listing
Like the previous segments, your resume extra sections should target the job you are applying for. Choose the most suitable ones to effectively sketch out your copywriting accomplishments:
- Certificate Programs
- Volunteering Activities
6. Beef up your copywriter resume using a neat layout
Looks do not matter, right? Well, how your CV looks actually does matter. However, as an experienced copywriter, you already know that.
Just as optimizing your blog content will make your audience grow, giving your resume an impeccable layout will maintain recruiters interested. You create to appeal.
- Organize and divide your resume sections clearly.
- Use white space to make your CV easy to read.
- Stick to classic fonts such as Calibri, Georgia or Cambria.
- If you use graphic elements, make sure they do not deflect one’s attention from the content.
- Always check for consistency in your resume.
- Save your CV as a PDF document.
Choose your preferred template and make your resume shine.