Senior Project Manager at Pearson Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An intuitive and perceptive leader with proven track record of success and subject matter expertise in technology development, quality assurance engineering, user experience, business and systems analysis.
02/2016 - present, Senior Manager, Pearson, Inc., Remote/Boston, MA, US
- Leading the support, governance and customer experience of the next gen cloud hosting and PaaS transformations.
- Enabler in the IT organization's journey into DevOps and the cloud.
- Increasing the collaboration and communication amongst the technical leaders, affecting increased consistency in the way each deliver their scope to the rest of the org and company.
- Architecting the customer journey within cloud hosting and identifing gaps within roles and processes. Proposing engagement models, processes, and standards that support premium cloud experience.
11/2015 - 02/2016, Senior Project Manager, Fidelity Investments, Smithfield, RI
- Completed a short term senior level project management delivery role, over seeing the completion of several large software projects, and assisting booting up small to medium project delivery teams for new project beginning the following year, served as a subject matter expert and Leader for their Portfolio Advisory Services at Work retirement savings product.
03/2014 - 11/2015, QE Manager, Rackspace, San Antonio, TX, US
- Led an amazing team of 7–10 software developers whose responsibility was to ensure the quality of the Rackspace public cloud—the team automated functional, white box, black box, performance and operational testing.
- Led a large scale project building multiple CI/CD environments going from single environments where projects could only test individually, to allowing for multiple projects to test in parallel and faster system integration. Also decreased time to production from 8+ months to 3-6 weeks (Dependent on product/scope size).
- Increased teams testing velocity by pushing best practices to test more, sooner, faster. Drove thousands of tests to be refactored and include more system touch points. Made all test suites to be redesigned so they can be run faster and adopted by development teams to be used as part of their testing/gating processes.
- Increased stakeholders’ confidence in automated testing by boosting coverage, effectiveness and reliability, and thereby gradually eliminating need/requests for manual testing.
06/2012 - 01/2014, QA Lead/Sr BA, Fidelity Investments, Smithfield, RI
Worked on several different projects as both a QA lead and BA:
- During this short term contract (1 year) Lead analyst on multiple projects having a need for development among a variety of complex systems.
- Worked on special projects that helped R&D software practices and design that were not strained by the domain restrictions inside a financial services company.
- Assisted in training, leading and mediating with China team during migration of QA tasks
- Managed the analytical and development activities on high priority projects. Enabling the capability of the online enrollment experience in a managed services offering.
03/2012 - 06/2012, Consultant, Rue La La, Boston, MA
Short term consultant role:
- Developed analyses and recommendations for improvements in work flow management tool for their designers and online experience.
- Managed knowledge transition between a client's vendor and an offshore team.
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor progress.
- Led user requirement sessions and provided usability testing and feedback
02/2011 - 03/2012, Client Project Manager, Eldarion Inc, Remote, USA
A year long contract, as part of a small web design company that focused on providing products and services built around the Pinax web platform. My role spanned from administration to development.
- Administration: Managed all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for dozens of custom solutions, which resulted 1.5M in revenue for a new startup.
- Development: Provided QA services, testing both desktop and mobile applications; Junior Designer/Developer services, such as front end design in HTML/CSS, interactive design and backend development in Python and now have a basic understanding of the Django Framework.
08/2005 - 03/2010, Senior Systems Analyst, Fidelity Investments, Smithfield, RI, US
Starting my career in 2005 as Business Analyst and leaving as a Senior Project Manager, I worked on several large and complex financial software projects.
- Led business requirements, systems analysis and design of the rewriting of a complex financial managing legacy application/architecture to the successful launch of a SaaS and online experience for external users.
- Led the system integration and development work across a global team and facilitated the QA activities on a stream of work that delivered a number of different types of paper and online communications for their Portfolio Advisory at Work product. This also included reporting on the health of the project, managing issues and roadblocks and broad communication among multiple partners and teams.
- Led the database development, system integration and development of a SEC service that captured the user and data interactions necessary for Fidelity to be compliant with the IRS and SEC.
Honors and Awards
2014, Emerging Leader Program, Rackspace
2010, National Technology Honor Society, Arts Institute
2010, Kappa Pi Art Honor Society, Arts Institute
Education and Professional Training
03/2018 - present, AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Solution Architect Training
Training for certification
01/2018 - present, Break Into Tech Blueprint, SkillCrush
01/2010 - 01/2012, Web Design and Interactive Media, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online, US
01/2004 - 01/2005, Organizational Management, Albertus Magnus, Danbury, CT, US
2010 - 2010, Business Analyst Training, Boston University
- Principles of Business Process Management
- Business Process Analysis & Design
- Requirement Management
- Object & Data Modeling
- Workflow Modeling
- Principles & Techniques of Project Management
Interpersonal/ Leadership Skills
- Team Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Thought Leadership/Influencing
Software & Product Development
- Requirements Solicitation and Refinement
- Quality Assurance Methods
- Iterative Development Methodologies
- Solution Management
- User Experience