IT Security Specialist Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Performance-driven and knowledgeable IT Security Specialist with 2+ years of extensive experience and comprehensive background in monitoring networks, developing security measures, policies, and procedures, and completing technical reports. Possessing well-developed critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and important ability to work under pressure, Emile is presently seeking an IT Security Specialist position.
06/2016 - 05/2019, IT Security Specialist, BCG Digital Ventures, Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada
- Monitored all company's networks and developed and implemented various security measures, policies, and procedures.
- Investigated breaches and any problematic issues, configured and maintained computer hardware and software, and performed professional penetration testing.
- Installed and updated firewalls and antivirus software, prevented unauthorized access, and analyzed and evaluated potential security risks.
- Completed technical reports and interviewed, trained, and coodinated multiple IT interns, ensuring that all policies and procedures were followed.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for significantly increasing the security of all company's servers and systems.
09/2012 - 05/2016, Computer Science & Information Systems, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, United States
GPA: 3.96 (Top 10% of the Program)
The 2015 Academic Excellence Award winner
Clubs and Societies: Economics Society, FinTech Society, Psychology Society
09/2008 - 05/2012, High School, Ecole privee Marie-Consolatrice, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg City
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
The 2012 Best Graduate Award winner
Activities: Astronomy Club, Fitness Club, Chess Club
Core Impact, Probely
Ability to Work under Pressure
09/2012 - 05/2013, First Year Representative, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, United States
04/2019, Certified Information Privacy Technologist, International Association of Privacy Professionals
09/2017, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, International Information System Security Certification Consortium
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book