Financial Reporting Manager Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamic senior finance accounting professional with a strong background in forecasting, budget creation, cost reduction, financial reporting, analysis, and management. Acknowledged for sound decision-making talents borne of intense data analysis, business acuity, and big-picture vision. Successful at managing multiple complex assignments while meeting tight deadlines. Visionary change agent who build and leads motivated teams to drive organizational success within diverse industries and sectors, across domestic, international and emerging markets, and in the face of challenging economic conditions.
Areas of expertise:
- Experience in using innovative technical solutions to drive efficiencies and solve problems. Commercial acumen and pragmatism.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with colleagues and lead firmwide teams of mixed grades and experience. Ability to manage and develop colleagues at all levels, providing support and training where necessary.
- Experience in understanding the business environment and the interconnectivity of projects, on a local and global level. Ability to apply knowledge from previous global experiences and share knowledge and insight.
08/2015 - 08/2019, Financial Reporting Manager, HARBOR Associates, Edinburgh, Scotland
Key Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the financial reporting including preparation, review, and distribution of internal and external financial reports and statements.
- Prepared presentations for the Board and Audit Committee highlighting the Agency’s financial activity, reporting changes, and relevant analysis.
- Prepared consolidated balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements.
- Managed the preparation of work papers supporting SEC financial filings requirements including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A.
- Enhanced and recommended improved internal controls for accounting and financial reporting.
- Maintained reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
03/2010 - 06/2015, Financial Reporting Manager, PWC, Ireland, United Kingdom
- Managed the timeline and collection of the information required from various teams across the company. Owed the relationship with the external audit team to ensure a seamless audit process.
- Managed the relationship with the company's client-facing accounting technical team to obtain independent sign-off on significant accounting issues.
- Managed colleagues and supported the team's overall development.
- Assisted in the preparation and filing of all SEC financial reports (not limited to, but including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 11-K, and Form 8-K).
- Monitored and ensured timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance as it relates to external reporting.
- Created and maintained the SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadlines for the following processes: Form 10-Q/K and earnings release.
- Provided direct support on various special projects.
11/2009 - 02/2010, CPA, University of Dublin
09/2005 - 06/2009, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Dublin
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE
MS Office Suite
Financial and data analysis
Budget planning & forecasting
Extensive balance sheet recording and analysis
Performance management & measurement
Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)