Procurement Manager Resume Sample (Textversion)
Materials Procurement Management professional with 8 years of experience in purchasing and supply chain management who can formulate and drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing purchasing activities so as to ensure value for money is maximized and cost savings generated. An expert at delivering individual solutions to specific problems by continually improving purchasing methods, sourcing the best-priced goods or services, and having the gravitas needed to act as an ambassador for a company. Superb mentor as well as an inspirational leader who motivates to peak performance and productivity levels while maintaining high morale across the boards.
- Negotiated a major contract agreement with the software company, driving an annual cost savings of $200,000.
- Drafted an instructional guide on the proper use of the purchasing and receiving modules, as well as prepared user instructions for online customer requisitions.
- Suggested and implemented improvements for the Document Control Department which resulted in the elimination of redundant activities and more effective processes and procedures in procurement systems.
01/2015 - present, Procurement Manager, Morgan Sindall Plc, London, United Kingdom
- Attended Trade Shows/Exhibitions and visited vendors and customers. Negotiated improved terms and conditions for the business.
- Managed, responded to, and followed up on specific major customer pricing and delivery inquiries. Performed & administrated day to day activities regarding commercial and import/export issues whilst maintaining KPI's.
- Ensured the service provided was efficient, professional, and consistent with customer needs.
Import & Export
- Provided clearance instructions to freight agents and ensured that the import instructions provided were in accordance.
- Maintained a log of all imports ensuring the IPR register was constantly kept up to date regarding import/export goods. Ensured that all export-controlled goods were shipped.
08/2011 - 01/2015, Procurement Manager, Westfield Corporation, London, United Kingdom
- Oversaw annual procurement budget of 49.2 million. Faced high pressure situations working against targets and deadlines working closely with clients and stakeholders.
- Placed and tracked an average of 890 weekly purchase orders.
- Researched and identified potential cost savings, as well as standardized vendor channels and products where possible.
09/2010 - 06/2011, Master of Science in Business Administration, Munich University, Munich, Germany
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
09/2006 - 06/2010, Bachelor’s Degrees in Economics, Hamburg University, Hamburg, Germany
Recommendations and implementing changes
Strong Interpersonal Skills
Getting the best price and quality
Outsourcing to low cost countries
Ability to operate in a blue-chip env.
Great Plains - Mapics MRP