Surgical Assistant Resume Template (Text version)
Address: 2129 Layman Avenue, 47367, La Jolla, CA, United States
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 910-868-7075
Experienced and self-driven Surgical Assistant who excels at assisting doctors during operations, maintaining various professional equipment and tools, preparing operatory rooms, and educating patients on pre-op and post-op procedures. Offers ability to work independently and under pressure, medical expertise, excellent communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
09/2015 - present, Surgical Assistant, Scripps La Jolla Hospital, La Jolla, CA, United States
- Assisted surgeons during operations with various crucial tasks as assigned.
- Performed acne surgeries and helped physicians with mole and cyst removal.
- Assisted doctors with diagnosis and treatment plan development.
- Maintained all equipment and tools, ensuring cleanliness and sanitation.
- Prepared surgical suites and educated patients and their families on pre-op and after-care procedures.
- Awarded Nurse of the Month thrice for performing great work.
09/2014 - 05/2015, Surgical Assisting, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, United States
09/2010 - 05/2014, Nursing, King's College London, London, United Kingdom
First Class Honours (Top 1% of the Program)
Clubs and Societies: Golf Club, Fitness Club, Psychology Society
09/2006 - 05/2010, Gymnasium, Lycee Alexandre Dumas, Tourcoing, France
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
Knowledge of Anatomy
Knowledge of Medicine
Ability to Work under Pressure
Attention to Detail
Flexibility and Confidence
Good Team Player
06/2014 - 08/2014, Medical Volunteer, Health Volunteers Overseas, Thimphu, Bhutan
02/2019, Certified Surgical First Assistant, National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting