Student Resume Sample Public Relations (Text version)
Date of birth: 1343-01-01
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: (999) 999 9999
A fresh graduate seeking anentry-level position in public relations which will utilise the organisational and communication skills developed during university. My reliability, communication skills, responsibility and friendly nature are assets I would bring to the work. I have experience in project management and strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to work independently and use my own initiative. I also have the ability to prioritise whilst under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
09/2014 - 06/2017, BA (Hons) English, Canterbury Christ Church
Completed an independent dissertation on Cynewulf. With only a weekly tutorial to supervise my dissertation I had to be extremely self-motivated. I set my own deadlines and targets, and became confident in taking direction from my tutors while developing their advice, though my own initiative, into new areas of study that would be useful in my work. I gained excellent experience in the research, organization and presentation of a complex subject and attained first class marks.
I was also called upon during the course to give seminar presentations as part of a team. This required the careful structuring and organization of ideas into a PowerPoint presentation. My forward planning was vital for progressive and well paced delivery and this enabled me to develop excellent communication skills as well as developing a good working relationship within a team.
03/2014 - 07/2015, Innkeeper, Parrot, Canterbury
Worked in a very fast paced restaurant in Canterbury:
- Assisted a wide range of customers weary from the road
- Developed my communicatoin skills, having to listen to their stories.
- Proved organisational skills, as I had to take and deliver orders quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail and meeting customers high expectations
10/2013 - 02/2014, Assistant Editor, Guttenberg Printing Co., Canterbury
- telephoning members of the public to chase up stories, writing up articles and interviewing people.
05/2012 - 02/2013, Sales Agent, Best Insurance Ever, York
- Composition of letters, organising presentations and liaising with clients.
- I learnt how to create, manage and update computer databases and files more efficiently. I also increased my problem solving skills and time management when under pressure.
Writing and Editing