Dear ________ and The Foundation for IUP Hiring Committee,
As a Principal and Chief Advancement Officer with a strong development background, I offer expertise in development and advancement, planned giving, annual giving, and cultivating donor relationships. Blending a formal education in teaching, management, and leadership, I possess the passion and skills for Development and Advancement. Because of my advancement efforts, I have been able to make significant contributions to our school in terms of curriculum and building improvements, financial security, marketing, and branding for growth. I would be an excellent fit for the Foundation Planned Giving Officer position at The Foundation for Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
In my role as a leader and advancement officer, I was able to analyze and present problems and offer solutions in order to secure our school’s longevity. I have been successful at development and advancement projects including developing a robust strategic vision, including capital campaigns, corporate support, planned and annual giving opportunities, and fundraising events. Other examples of my work include:
- Facilitated fundraising efforts achieving over $100,000 in major gifts (10% of our Operating Budget) as well as an increase in Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) contributions for tuition assistance by 35%. This was accomplished by developing a comprehensive program of donor, alumni, and community support.
- Developed a strategic marketing and enrollment campaign, including social media campaigns, print marketing materials, and a new website, increasing enrollment by 10% in under 3 years.
- Developed relationships with alumni, community constituents, and local corporations to increase awareness of our school's financial needs, securing donors including endowments and decreasing individual parish support by $2 million
- Designed and cultivated projects from inception to completion by developing relationships with potential donors and aligning projects to donor interests for the benefit of our organization. Over the course of 3 years we were able to install a new Science Computer Lab, renovate our existing Computer Lab, and re-imagine our Library into a Library and Media Center.
- Developed and chaired successful fundraising events from single donor luncheons to large events which yielded over $100,000 in major gifts and contributions.
- Earned recognition for approaching students with welcoming and gentle care, interacting respectfully and courteously with students, parents, and community members, and holding an exceptional level of personal accountability; possessing outstanding customer service skills.
- Lead the reconfiguration of the local Catholic school systems and conducting feasibility studies at each building while mentoring our Board on development initiatives.
- Created and presented reports and presentations for committees, boards, and local businesses to demonstrate our issues and present solutions including planned giving opportunities and outright donations.
I am confident that I possess the strategic thinking, advancement, and relationship-building skills to benefit The Foundation for IUP. I am a proud IUP alum, who attributes my success to the quality of programs made possible by generous donors. I believe in education as my experience demonstrates. I respectfully submit my résumé for your review and welcome a meeting to discuss your future goals and how I can help achieve them. I will be available at your convenience and look forward to your call. Thank you for your consideration.