Community Organizer Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Empathetic and dedicated Community Organizer with a deep passion for helping others and a strong determination to perform great work. Experienced in creating and implementing new community-building and engagement plans and strategies, managing volunteers, and organizing various activities and events. Possess great leadership and communication skills and significant ability to work in fast-paced team environments.
06/2016 - 06/2019, Community Organizer, California Community Foundation, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Developed and implemented new community-building and engagement plans and strategies to engage residents and local institutions to fundraise money for different charities and non-profit organizations.
- Trained and coordinated volunteers, organized and managed various activities and events, and researched government funding opportunities.
- Managed multiple campaigns, ran public meetings with community members, and produced original content for various social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube.
- Communicated with senators and other politicians, worked closely with other communities, and performed other duties as required.
- Won the 2018 Crawley Community Award.
09/2012 - 05/2016, Business & Management with Economics, Columbia University, New York City, NY, United States
GPA: 3.98 (Top 5% of the Program)
The 2015 Academic Excellence Award winner
Clubs and Societies: FinTech Society, Psychology Society, TEDx Club
09/2010 - 05/2012, IB Diploma Program, International School of Estonia, Tallinn, Estonia
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 6 subjects)
The 2012 Best Graduate Award winner
Activities: Aerobics Club, Dance Club, Drama Club
Ability to Work under Pressure
Good Team Player
06/2014 - 08/2014, English Tutor, EF Education, Suva, Fiji
06/2016, Leadership and Management Certificate, The Leadership Institute