Medical Secretary Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Performance-driven and knowledgeable Medical Secretary with a comprehensive background in providing support to medical staff, executing various administrative duties, and collecting and processing patients' payments. The Employee of the Month Award winner possessing important ability to work and perform well under pressure and extensive analytical skills. Great communicator with a highly professional attitude and strong attention to detail.
08/2017 - 08/2019, Medical Secretary, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
- Provided professional support and assistance to medical staff, scheduled and managed patient appointments, and organized files and records.
- Answered the phone, responded to emails, handled mail, collected patients' fees and payments, and assisted with patient care when needed.
- Reviewed and analyzed patient insurance information, processed prescription requests, greeted patients, and worked closely with various medical professionals.
- Supported patients, served as a liaison between different departments, and performed other administrative tasks as required.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for constantly performing great work.
09/2013 - 05/2017, Business & Management, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
GPA: 3.98 (Top 10% of the Program)
The 2016 Academic Excellence Award winner
Clubs and Societies: Business Club, Medical Society, Psychology Society
09/2009 - 05/2013, Gymnasium, John Paul II High School, Tarnow, Poland
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
The 2013 Best Graduate Award winner
Activities: Drama Club, Film Society, Volleyball Team
AdvancedMD, DrChrono EHR
Practice Fusion, zHealth EHR
Ability to Remain Calm under Pressure
09/2012 - 05/2013, Class President, John Paul II High School, Tarnow, Poland
03/2019, Certified Medical Office Assistant, National Center for Competency Testing