Foster Care Worker Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Empathetic and dedicated Foster Care Worker with a comprehensive background in providing professional social work services, completing background checks, and managing confidential documents and files. Offers a Sociology degree from a well-known university and deep passion for helping others. Great communicator with excellent problem-solving skills and important ability to work in a team.
07/2017 - 07/2019, Foster Care Worker, Holy Cross Services, Muskegon, MI, United States
- Provided various professional social work services to foster children and identified and communicated with prospective foster parents.
- Maintained and managed confidential documents and records, conducted home visits, and served as the first point of contact between families and children.
- Reviewed all letters and commendations, completed background checks, and executed multiple administrative duties as required.
- Worked closely with psychologists, planned and coordinated kids' placements, and developed and implemented a new program to increase the number of abandoned children placed in foster homes.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for achieving excellent results and constantly performing great work.
09/2013 - 05/2017, Sociology, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, United States
GPA: 3.98 (Top 10% of the Program)
The 2016 Academic Excellence Award winner
Clubs and Societies: Marketing Society, Psychology Society, TEDx Club
09/2011 - 05/2013, IB Diploma Program, Oeiras International School, Oeiras, Portugal
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 6 subjects)
The 2013 Best Graduate Award winner
Activities: Biology Society, Judo Club, Tennis Club
Client Track, FAM Care
Good Team Player
11/2011 - 03/2013, Fund Allocator, Leigos para o Desenvolvimento, Oeiras, Portugal
03/2019, Certified Social Worker, Academy of Certified Social Workers