5th Grade Teacher at Saint Paul Public Schools Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Resourceful, energetic elementary teacher offering 21 years of teaching experience. Attentive to and skilled at meeting individual student requirements with a focus on providing high quality culturally responsive instruction. Passionate about working in collaborative environments with an emphasis on reflective practice. Expertise in using technology in the classroom.
08/2005 - present, Fifth Grade Teacher, SPPS District #625: Phalen Lake Hmong Studies Magnet, Saint Paul, MN
*Fourth/Fifth Grade Teacher 2018-2019 School Year
- Create a classroom environment that utilizes Restorative Practice and the Racial Equity Compass to highlight and honor multiple perspectives and student truth
- Improve student engagement by implementing student-centered classroom management techniques to foster academic curiosity.
- Direct individualized instruction in various subjects to achieve educational goals and drive curriculum requirements.
- Use technology in all capacities of teaching and learning
- Work on a highly collaborative team to devise lesson plans in alignment with state curriculum standards and created culturally responsive instructional programs, demonstrations and work time to meet educational and instructional goals
- Help students learn to persevere with challenging tasks and build resilience for later educational efforts by explicitly teaching brain science and growth mindset skills.
- Served on the school leadership team that created school's focus, mission and drove professional development efforts.
- Served as building math lead and led professional development on district initiatives within the building
- Provided in-building professional development focusing on technology use
08/2000 - 06/2005, Third & Fifth Grade Tchr., SPPS District #625 Webster Magnet School, St. Paul, MN
- Collaborated with team weekly to plan for math, reading and writing.
- Differentiated instruction and developed lesson plans to address the needs of individual students, to ensure all styles of learning were supported.
01/2002 - 05/2004, Masters of Education, St. Mary's University of Winono, Winona, MN
09/1999 - 01/2002, Urban Learning Certificate, Hamline University, St. Paul, MN
08/1994 - 12/1997, Bachelor's of Science - Elementary Education, University of Wisconsin - River Falls, River Falls, WI
Culturally Relevant Instruction