English Teacher Resume Example (Text version)
Address: 991 N. 25th St., 99999, Texas
Date of birth: 1999-19-09
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 999-999-999
Motivated and resourceful English teacher, with seven years of varied instructional experience, seeking opportunity to foster student creativity and critical thinking with literature and current technology.
02/2018 - present, ACT Reading Prep Teacher, Sylvan Learning Center, McAllen
- Modified curriculum in reading for students based upon a variety of instructional techniques
- Delivered lesson to small group and class size 25-30 students
- Increased students' ACT test scores
06/2013 - 12/2017, English II Teacher, IDEA Mission College Prep, Mission, Texas
- Designing and implementing lessons to provide students with learning experiences that promote their cognitive and social development.
- Increased student's English test scores through individualized tutoring and special attention.
- Responsible for providing high quality English language instruction for students of disparate language proficiency levels.
- Taught lessons encompassing a range of skill-building activities for speaking, writing, reading and listening.
Head Sponsor of Model United Nations 2015-2017
- Lead & Organized trip to Washington D.C. to North American Invitation Model United Nations
- Trained Student Leadership and Served as Head Advisor
- Expanded Model United Nations student involvement on campus and across district
- Lead students to establish first Multi-School District Model United Nations Conference - South Texas Invitation Model United Nations
03/2011 - 05/2013, Trace Department Customer Service Representative, Uline, Coppell, Texas
- Assisted clients and took personal accountability for the resolution of their concerns.
- Assisedt in managing discrepancies and complaints.
- Completed orders received via fax, email, and phone with a 99.2% accuracy
- Negotiated price request and submitted cost effective quotes
- Communicated with carriers, vendors, and internal employees to resolve issues on lost or damaged orders for customers
- Conducted shipping quote rates for customers on courier orders or time critical shipments
2005 - 2008, Fraud Specialist, First National Bank, Edinburg, Texas
- Identifying fraud trends such as Kiting, laundering money or linked accounts.
- Prepared and filed in-depth reports on fraudulent activity for prosecution
- Trained bank employees on fraud and identity theft
12/2010, English, University of Texas Pan American, Edinburg, Texas
05/2009, Interdisciplinary Studies, South Texas College, McAllen, Texas
Vice President's List 2009
04/2016, Texas Teaching Certificate English 7th-12th, TEA
2015 - present, Leader, Baptist Temple Community Group, McAllen
- Facilitate discussions on weekly sermon
- Organize meetings and events
- Guide attendees through their spiritual walk
2009 - 2010, Intern, Life House, Edinburg
- Volunteer work in helping the poor and
- Weekly outreach to Section 8 Housing
- Participated in mission trip to New York
12/2013 - 01/2014, Volunteer, Rahab's Rope Ministry, India
- Assisted in combating sex trafficking by teaching victims other vocational skills
- Participated in Medical outreaches to needy
- Taught Biblical lessons to children and their families
Team Captain, March of Dimes
- Raised $15,000 to aid in the battle against birth defects and infant mortality
- Lead a team for First National Bank unifying efforts from multiple branches
- Lead IDEA Mission College Preparatory through multiple fundraisers
Working Under Pressure
Attention Control - 100%
Planning Speed - 83%
Planning Accuracy - 81%
Flexibility with Switching - 81%
Trust - 99%
Risk Preference for High Risks - 96%
Risk Preference for Ambiguous Risks - 90%
Adventures in distant lands
Getting lost in a good book
Cooking & Exploring New Cuisines