Trademark Paralegal Resume Sample (Textversion)
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Enthusiastic, experienced Trademark Paralegal offering an extensive legal skill set in patent prosecution, copyright, and trademark filings along with PCT applications. A team player who is keen to progress in the legal field, while overseeing and managing important projects while ensuring timely completion of project deadlines. Results-driven and easily able to manage every client’s expectations by being diplomatic, tactful, and always on the lookout for new ideas and solutions. Proficient in international IP clearance, regulation, licensing, and prosecution. Currently looking for a suitable paralegal position with a firm that offers a modern and relaxed working culture along with opportunities for progression.
- Extensive knowledge of UK trademark rules and procedures; working knowledge of national laws of other countries; knowledge of Paris Convention and deadlines set therein and familiarity with the Madrid Protocol.
- Work independently, taking the initiative to move projects to a conclusion.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, and other internet research tools.
- Proactive and resourceful “self-starter;” who responds quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities with little direction.
07/2016 - 08/2019, Trademark Paralegal, Morrison & Foerster LLP, London, United Kingdom
Key Achievements & Contributions:
- Managed all aspects of litigation support including preparation for the filing of the lawsuit, pleadings, discovery, document review, correspondence, case management, and trial preparation.
- Authored and implemented benchmarked best practices to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Initiated foreign filings and corresponded with foreign trademark agents regarding trademark applications.
- Prepared trademark registration applications, statements of use, extension requests, affidavits of use and incontestability, renewal applications, notices of opposition, cancellation petitions, and other papers.
- Awarded Employee of the Month Award winner for executing great work and constantly achieving extraordinary results.
09/2015 - 06/2016, Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property Rights, University of West London
Certificate: Paralegal Specialist in Intellectual Property Law
First Class Honours (Top 5% of the Programme)
09/2011 - 06/2015, Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Sciences, University of West London, London, UK
Trademark rules and procedures