Veterinary Assistant Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Compassionate and well-educated veterinary medicine professional with over 2 years of experience and a strive to learn and get better. Experienced in providing support to veterinarians and veterinary technicians and executing general animal care duties. Possess a deep passion for animals and excellent manual dexterity. Offering great problem-solving abilities, Anita is presently seeking a Veterinary Assistant job.
07/2017 - 07/2019, Veterinary Assistant, VCA Animal Hospital, Ottawa, Canada
- Assisted veterinarians and veterinary technicians, performed general animal care duties, and administered all medications.
- Conducted laboratory tests, collected and prepared veterinary samples, and maintained a sterile, organized, and surgical environment.
- Managed the professional lab equipment and tools, maintained patient files and records, and collected payments.
- Assisted in the creation of treatment plans, scheduled appointments, answered the phone, and executed other clerical tasks as required.
- Oversaw and coordinated multiple daily animal hospital operations, ordered missing supplies, and performed other duties as assigned by supervisor.
09/2013 - 05/2017, Veterinary Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
GPA: 4.0 (Top 2% of the Program)
Clubs and Societies: Medicine Club, Psychology Society, TEDx Club
09/2009 - 05/2013, Gymnasium, Kazinczy Ferenc Secondary School, Gyor, Hungary
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
The 2012 Principal's Award winner for achieving excellent academic results
Activities: Biology Society, Riding Club
Knowledge of Veterinary Medicine
Passion for Animals
09/2014 - 05/2015, Animal Volunteer, Guelph Animal Services, Guelph, Canada
06/2019, Certified Veterinary Technician, National Association of Veterinary Technicians in Canada