Railway Engineer Resume Sample (Text version)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technically sophisticated and hard-working Railway Engineer with over 7 years of experience in designing and site engineering work in Railway Signaling Field and others. A systematic, enthusiastic, and organized professional offering sound mathematical and analytical skills. Through the experience became an effective team leader and motivator with good interpersonal skills. Currently seeking a challenging position and wants to be a part of a growth-oriented organization.
- Sound knowledge of project management, work management systems and train controlling systems
- Excellent general project IT management skills
- Outstanding working knowledge and experience within the railway environment
09/2015 - 09/2019, Railway Engineer, NJ TRANSIT, Leicester, UK
- Acted as an effective manager of coordination and productivity of subordinates.
- Constantly provided technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Worked closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects to ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Completed key electrical rail signal designs with minimal direction.
- Led the preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Supervised, scheduled, and checked work of project team members.
- Worked closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Managed productivity of subordinates and on time, on-budget projects.
06/2007 - 08/2015, RAILWAY ENGINEER, Houghton Cox, London, UK
Key Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Had full responsibility of the vertical, horizontal, and cross-section design of light rail, commuter rail, and freight rail projects.
- Prepared standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, and designs to the full satisfaction of the organization well ahead of the deadline.
- Management and issuing of the specifications of the projects, datasheets, and construction documents.
- Development and management of scope, schedule, and budget tasks.
- Determined the scope of procurement work and monitored progress to maintain procurement schedule.
- Applied broad knowledge of rail engineering principles and practices to ensure the security of the railways.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the engineering functions of the projects including coordination of technical disciplines among the teams and controlling equipment.
09/2003 - 06/2007, Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Professional Engineer Certification (PE), London, UK, 2007
Train Controlling Systems
Block Signal Systems
Coding As a Hobby