Pediatric Nurse Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: email@example.com
Highly skilled and compassionate Pediatric Nurse with a passion for children, comfortable working with individuals of all ages. Over 10 years of career experience in handling multiple emergency situations. A lifelong learner who does everything possible to keep up to date with the latest developments in pediatric care. Skilled in providing timely medical assistance and following doctors' instruction deftly. Looking forward to join an esteemed health organization, as a Pediatric Nurse and extend a helping hand to this noble profession.
09/2010 - 03/2018, Pediatric Nurse, St. Joseph Medical Center, Ontario, Canada
Worked as a head nurse responsible for routine patient care, catheterizations, immunization, and medication administration, conducting tests and obtaining labs. Worked underneath Dr. Johnson as well as assisted pediatricians and other medical specialists in the testing and treatment of young patients as needed.
- Performed phlebotomy, urinalysis, sampling, vaccination and vision/hearing screening activities per physician request.
- Maintained pediatric patient caseload of approximately 24,000 active young individuals (50 patients per day).
- Calmed down crying patients, assisting them in lab tests, and collecting blood and urine samples.
- Ensured clinical records were well maintained with visit updates and appropriate notations.
- Dealt with the enquiries, concerns, and complaints of children or their parents.
- Maintained patient Confidential and privacy and dignity at all times.
01/2007 - 08/2010, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Angels Home Health Care, Ottawa, Canada
Provided assistance in a multidisciplinary team of professional and medical staff that included doctors and health visitors.
- Provided patient intake and screenings prior to doctor’s consultation, including vital statistics checks and charting.
- Performed as charge nurse, supervised 4 RN's, 2 CNA's, and a unit secretary.
- Prepared patients for operations, doctor examinations and medical procedures.
03/2005 - 05/2007, Student Practitioner, University of Ontario, Ontario, Canada
- Wrote thorough SOAP notes and provided appropriate documentation.
- Reviewed thorough medical history of patient, used information from history and assessment to make accurate diagnosis.
- Implemented incoming telephone triage obtaining detail-specific histories and symptoms.
09/2003 - 08/2006, Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
05/2002 - 07/2003, Registered Nurse Certification, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Strong Patient Assessment
Very Gentle and Calm with the Children
Proficiency in the Care of Children
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
09/2009, LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, Canada Medical Center
04/2007, BLS - BASIC LIFE SUPPORT, American Health Association - AHA
09/2014 - present, Blood Drive Volunteer, Canadian Blood Services