Orthopedic Nurse Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivational and adroit Orthopedic Nurse with 10 years of experience with in-depth knowledge in trauma recovery, aggressive pain management techniques, and post-surgical recovery. Especially proficient in providing external fixation care and continuous motion therapy along with neuromuscular status monitoring. Committed to work as an orthopedic nurse for people who are struggling with mobility issues due to accidental injuries and degenerative disease affecting bones and muscles.
02/2011 - 09/2018, Orthopedic Nurse, City Orthopedic Center, Belfast, United Kingdom
Provided special treatment for mobility issues of all types which come with age or due to accidental or medical conditions for 50 patients per week. Managed patients pain effectively, implementing position changes and cold therapy, activity, timely administration analgesic with consideration of prior function (chronic pain, assistive device).
- Prepared patients for traction and ensured that patients were kept comfortable.
- Collaborated with Orthopedic Physicians to provide quality services.
- Assisted Orthopedic Service Line and Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Provided treatment information to patients and motivated them for recovery.
- Coordinated with a physiotherapist and helped patients exercise.
- Managed patient’s hygiene by assisting with bedpan changes, body cleaning and diaper changes in some cases.
11/2004 - 01/2011, Orthopedic Nurse Specialist, Downtown Orthopedic Clinic, Belfast, United Kingdom
Worked under the supervision of Orthopedic Physicians, performing procedures, i.e. fracture reductions, suturing of lacerations.
- Performed the assessment, collected accurate complete pertinent data and through continuous assessment maintained awareness of the health status of each patient with special considerations for age and physical needs.
- Provided care for surgical and orthopedic patients.
- Monitored the patient’s health and general body condition and reported changes and improvements to the doctor.
- Controlled wounds for signs and symptoms of infection and maintained hygiene of wounds.
- Provided patients with self-care and follow-up care instructions.
- Educated patients on steps to take to manage pain and how to avoid post-surgical infections.
05/2008 - 07/2008, Registered Nurse Certification, Central Orthopedic Hospital, Belfast, UK
02/2000 - 09/2004, Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing, University of Belfast, Belfast, UK
Operating orthopedic equipment
Assessing medical conditions of bone and muscles
Medical procedures involved in orthopedic care
Knowledge of skeletal injuries and deformities
Strong Patient Assessment
Excellent Nursing and Clinical skills
03/2010, Basic Life Support - BLS, Central Orthopedic Hospital
08/2000, Registered Nurse, Central Orthopedic Hospital