Judge Resume Sample (Text version)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Circuit Judge | Advocate
I am a multilingual (English/Italian/French) Judge with 15 years of combined experience in presiding over court proceedings, prosecuting cases, and tirelessly pursuing justice in Scotland. My areas of judicial expertise include business law, criminal law, family law, and civil litigation. I have a robust reputation for being ethical, impartial, patient, open-minded, courteous, and tactful.
Federal Criminal Prosecution | International Relations | Rule of Law | Investigation Techniques | Law Enforcement Methodologies | Policy & Procedure Frameworks | Corporate Investigations | Corruption | Human Trafficking | Vulnerable Populations | Forensic Investigation | Restitution | Asset Forfeiture | Statistical Reporting | Misconduct Training | Presentations | Negotiations | Conflict Resolution | Mediation
11/2017 - present, CIRCUIT JUDGE, Judiciary of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
The judiciary of Scotland are the judicial office holders who sit in the courts of Scotland and make decisions in both civil and criminal cases. Judges make sure that cases and verdicts are within the parameters set by Scots law.
- Travel on circuit to courts in cities across Scotland to oversee cases involving matters ranging from felonies to tax disputes (~150 cases per year).
- Give legal direction to juries and control hearing proceedings.
- Supervise case preparation and progress.
- Rule on legal challenges and appeal hearings.
- Successfully oversaw 2-year trial and conviction of high-profile corporate corruption case, which entailed interviewing reluctant witnesses in Bulgaria, the Philippines, and New Zealand.
09/2013 - 11/2017, PROCURATOR FISCAL, COPFS, Edinburgh, Scotland
The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) is Scotland’s prosecution service. It receives reports about crimes from the police and other reporting agencies and decides what action to take.
- Investigated and prosecuted crime in Scotland, independent of police and court.
- Received and investigated reports of incidents from police and other law enforcement bodies.
- Decided if crime has been committed under Scots Law and if enough evidence to prosecute.
- Prepared prosecution cases, summoned witnesses, instructed police/agencies to gather evidence.
- Initiated prosecution by putting facts to the court (Justice of the Peace, Sheriff, High Court).
- Referred cases to Reporter to the Children’s Panel in cases of serious juvenile crime.
- Presented case for prosecution in jury trials in Justice of the Peace and Sheriff Courts.
- Prepared cases for Crown Counsel to present in High Court.
- Investigated and decided on cases of sudden or suspicious death; initiated Fatal Accident Inquiry.
07/2011 - 09/2013, ADVOCATE, Halliwell & Burton Law, Edinburgh, Scotland
Halliwell & Burton is a 200-year-old law firm specialising in the areas of corporate governance, criminal law, professional misconduct, disciplinary law, and commissions of inquiry.
- Interviewed clients and provided them with expert legal advice (~250 cases per year).
- Researched and prepared cases and presented them in court.
- Wrote legal documents and prepared written pleadings for civil cases.
- Represented clients in court, public enquiries, arbitrations, and tribunals.
- Questioned witnesses and negotiated settlements.
09/2009 - 07/2011, CLERK OF COURT, Supreme Court Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
06/2008 - 09/2009, LEGAL TRAINEE, Castello Di Mario & Associates, Glasgow, Scotland
02/2006 - 10/2007, LEGAL TRAINEE, Wilson & Coxfield, Glasgow, Scotland
Member, Faculty of Advocates, Scotland
Education and Professional Qualifications
2014, Certificate in International Law (Foundation)
The University of Law, Birmingham, UK
2013, Diploma in Professional Legal Practice
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
2011, Master of Laws
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
Dean’s List, First Class Honours (Top 2%)
Semester Exchange Programmes: Sorbonne-Assas International Law School, France (2010), University of Padova, Italy (2009)
I am a board member of ReachOut!, a not-for-profit drop-in facility for the homeless. I regularly provide free legal advice and take on pro bono cases in support of vulnerable individuals.
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book