Court Reporter Resume Sample (Text version)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliable, accurate, and meticulous Court Reporter skilled at creating unerring verbatim transcripts of legal testimony, witness depositions, and court proceedings. Worked with attorneys and helped them with various legal processes, such as case investigations, preparation of legal documents and reports, etc. Certified ability to transcribe four-person interactions at 91 percent accuracy, knowledge of court procedures, and expertise in record preservation. Currently searching for a court reporter position with a leading litigation support agency to have the possibility to deliver exceptional services to law firms by recording court verbatim.
Areas of expertise:
- Digital and stenographic court reporting, developing research, verifying documents and evidence submitted at court, interpreting court guidelines, and ensuring due protocols are observed by all.
- Knowledge of courtroom procedures, standards, and ethics.
- Ability to: write shorthand at least 225 words per minute with 95% accuracy.
- Being up-to-date with changes in terminology, slang, and reporting procedures.
- Ability to listen to emotional testimony without reacting or forming an opinion.
09/2015 - 04/2019, Court Reporter, IRELAND JUDICIAL BRANCH, Ireland, United Kingdom
Key Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Reported courtroom proceedings by use of stenographic equipment and computer-aided transcription software in an efficient timely manner.
- Read aloud from stenographic notes as requested by court or counsel.
- Prepared and produced transcripts of cases as requested by litigants, attorneys, judges, and other court personnel.
- Provided excellent transcript preparation which included extensive research of case citations, statutes, and specialized terminology.
- Ensured editing, proofreading, binding, and certifying transcripts as to be a true and accurate copy.
- Managed interaction and correspondence with private sector litigants, attorneys, support staff, paralegals, as well as judges, court personnel, the Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court regarding transcript requests and preparation.
- Maintained and updated computer text, dictionary, and backup files.
- Reviewed, processed, and tracked hundreds of disciplinary files, courts-materials, and investigations with great accuracy and efficiency.
- Transcribed and produced transcripts requested by the Judge and other court personnel in regard to proceedings that have been reported.
- Early morning or late evening working as necessary to meet publication deadlines.
09/2014 - 06/2015, Associate's Degree in Court Reporting, University of Dublin, Dublin, UK
09/2010 - 05/2014, Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, University of Dublin
Graduated with Honors
The 2012 Academic Excellence Award winner
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE
MS Office Suite
Grammar, spelling and general editorial skills
Legal terminology and processes
Court reporter equipment
Producing courtroom transcripts;