Equity Sales Trader Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: email@example.com
A highly competent Senior Equity Trader with extensive expertise in European, UK, and CEEMEA markets, fully aware of how this landscape has evolved during the past decade. Able to adapt to numerous scenarios and regardless of market conditions my aim is to produce quality results for the customer. Has a 10-year track record of delivering high-quality execution results, leadership, and astute market analysis across both buy and sell-side firms. Experienced in a number of discrete sectors such as commodities, securities, and currencies. Has a well-rounded approach to any trade.
- Expertise in alpha research, portfolio construction, optimization, risk management, trade execution, and Portfolio Management.
- Ability to deploy and manage a strategy from inception
- Recent track record, generating >$5m P&L with a Sharpe of 4 +. Holding periods no longer than 24 hours.
- Strong understanding of connectivity to buy-side OMS, broker, venue and other vendor systems.
09/2012 - present, Equity Sales Trader, Maven Securities, New York, USA
- Ranked consistently nationwide as the top trader in monthly profits among thirty new hires.
- Providing high-quality order execution to various sales traders and product departments throughout the Maven Securities group.
- Creatively developing and implementing short and long term sales and trading strategies to achieve revenue growth goals.
- Constantly monitoring client account activity and identify any significant changes in activity on a month-to-month basis.
- Maintaining an approved broker list and setting annual commission targets per broker.
- Accurately following client instructions while executing equity orders as presented by clients in a timely manner.
- Reviewing execution transactions to ensure accuracy of the information and to ensure trades conform to regulatory requirements of governing agencies.
01/2007 - 08/2010, Equity Sales Trader, Warner Bros Careers, New York, NY, USA
- Proactively maintained and managed client relationships by frequently making relevant calls and visiting clients increase trade activity.
- Provided quarterly updates on business strategy on client engagement regarding new and existing accounts, potential clients, and revenue impact.
- Continuously monitored and conveyed market color, trading ideas, news, and data on the current financial market to clients.
- Coordinated “holistic” account coverage by working closely with WON research sales personnel assigned to specific clients.
- Pro-actively shared ideas with other traders and research sales department to maximize exposure to client accounts.
- Assisted in evaluating and implementing technological tools to improve ONS trading and execution processes.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
09/2006 - 05/2007, Master of Science in Finance and Capital Markets, University of Michigan, New York, NY, USA
Graduated with Honors
The 2007 Academic Excellence Award winner
09/2002 - 05/2006, Bachelor of Science in European Economics, UNIVERSITY OF NY, Heidelberg, Germany
Excellent organizational skills
11/2007, Certified Equity Professional, Equity Institute
Exploring distant lands
Getting lost in a good book
Every kind of sport