Community Health Worker at Vanderburgh County Health Department Resume (Text version)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
People person. Lifelong learner. Positive attitude, day in and day out. Problem solver. Collaborator. Thrives in a dynamic and synergistic environment.
Relevant work experience
10/2018 - 01/2019, Barista, Starbucks, Henderson, KY
- Built customer loyalty via friendly interactions and memorizing regular’s orders.
- Educated customers on Stars reward program.
- Prepared and fulfilled orders.
- Practiced suggestive skills by soliciting customers to buy additional items.
- Used a register system--handling cash, credit, and mobile pay transactions.
- Encouraged repeat sales by informing customers about their current reward status and upcoming promotions.
- Performed closing standard operating procedures.
11/2017 - 02/2018, Accounting Support Staff, Ireland Home Based Services, Evansville, IN
- Gathered regional data, analyzed for billable activities, and processed payroll.
- Prepared data for monthly reports to Indiana Dept. of Child and Family Services.
- Communicated efficiently with staff to swiftly resolve any discrepancies in the regional billable activity data or in processing payroll.
06/2015 - 04/2016, Mortgage Loan Officer, Acceptance Capital Mortgage Company, Evansville, IN
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with both clients and realtors.
- Pre-qualified and educated clients on the types of mortgage products available to them.
- Brought in new business via cold calling and sending For Sale By Owner letters.
- Attended Local BNI Chapter as company representative.
06/2014 - 10/2014, Management Trainee, Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Lexington, KY
- Prepared and completed orders for delivery or pickup.
- Entered data and daily numbers into Excel for both the Purchasing and Operations Managers to review.
- Obtained Forklift certification. Stocked pallets of shipped materials.
- Checked and received merchandise into warehouse.
- Inspected goods and filed any necessary damage reports.
- Ensured accurate count of stock received to stock on purchase order.
08/2013 - 11/2013, Office Assistant, University of Kentucky College of Arts and Sciences, Lexington, KY
- Assisted students by resolving general academic questions.
- Performed a variety of clerical and administrative duties.
05/2009 - 09/2009, Customer Service Associate, Marshall's, Evansville, IN
- Supervised/maintained a tidy environment in home décor and dressing rooms.
- Utilized a POS system; handled cash, check, and credit/debit transactions.
- Highlighted features of company credit card to customers at each sale and assisted in the application and approval process to establish a new line of credit at POS.
09/2008 - 03/2009, Insurance Agent Sales Assistant, Anne Thrasher Boyd State Farm, Henderson, KY
- Generated leads who were potential clients via cold-calling local citizens.
- Consistently met or exceeded monthly sales goals.
- Assisted agents in various clerical duties as assigned.
08/2009 - 05/2014, B.A. Sociology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Summa Cum Laude//Departmental Honors
- Member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Phi Beta Kappa.
- Freshman Orientation Team Leader of the Year Award
- Sociology Club: Treasurer
- Student Ambassador: attended 'Get To Know Us!' nights for high school students and parents.
- For Unity and Service In Our Neighborhood (FUSION) Annual Community Service Project: Site Leader.
05/2016 - present, Dog Walker, Warrick Humane Society, Newburgh, IN
08/2010 - 05/2014, Freshman Orientation Team Leader, University of Kentucky K Krew, Lexington, KY
Served as an ambassador for the University. Facilitated the transition of incoming Freshmen students via mentorship during their first academic year. Participated in ongoing professional and leadership trainings.
08/2012 - 07/2013, Social Media Assistant, Taylor Swift--in association with 13 Management, Online
Increased social media following by 50% in nine months. Maintained online presence running the largest public updating account using various social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
04/2019, SCM Training, Harsha Autism Center
A comprehensive training program focused on preventing, de-escalating, and being able to able to perform safe crisis management. It is trauma-sensitive in design and meant to assist staff with responding to the needs of all individuals and particularly with the needs of the most challenging.
07/2018, NAPPI Safety Training, Southwestern Healthcare Inc.
This training teaches a proactive approach to de-escalation and safety strategies to be used for crisis management. It also includes verbal de-escalation training which focuses on early identification, understanding underlying context of the messages, and using effective responses to diffuse the situation. Self-Protective techniques are taught as well.
06/2018, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, American Heart Association
02/2018, Crisis Management, Relias Learning
02/2018, Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention, Relias Learning
02/2018, Blood Borne Pathogens, Relias Learning
Love of learning
Ability to prioritize
Attention to detail