Internal Auditor Resume Sample (Textversion)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial services professional with over 15 years of combined experience from external audit and internal controls in reinsurance and banking sector. Expert in collecting, analyzing, and examining company records while paying special attention to providing the company's feedback and developing auditing plans. The business card says ’Internal Auditor’, while I'm also:
- Being a partner of the auditees with helping them to improve the processes.
- Getting to know several new business areas without going to another client every Monday.
- Digging deep into the business of a company instead of only scratching the surface.
08/2010 - present, Internal Auditor, Alpha Bank London, London, United Kingdom
- Lead fraud investigation audit which lead to the successful prosecution and recovery of over £69,000.
- Completed over 300 audits of sales and manufacturing locations all over the United Kingdom.
- Providing complex internal audit for assigned clients in Finance Reinsurance Division in reviewing the operational risks and help with the establishment of the effective mitigating controls and process documentation.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes, auditing standards, and related risk and control frameworks.
- Leading meetings with auditees in order to understand all internal business processes.
- Guiding all managers and staff on all levels by providing them training and course sessions when necessary.
- Preparing audit planning documentation, participating in walkthroughs, and assessing the internal control environment through control and substantive testing.
03/2007 - 07/2010, Internal Audit Expert, Swiss Re, Zurich, Switzerland
Main Responsibilities & Contributions:
- Management of the enhancement of the Reinsurance Finance internal control framework and risk indicators.
- Monitored the Financial Reporting Risk (FRR) for US GAAP, Economic Value Management and Statutory Reporting within the Reinsurance Business Unit.
- Contributed to Finance Reinsurance in internal and external audit matters.
- Maintained the process documentation within Finance Reinsurance.
- Coordinated regular Risk and Control Self-Assessment processes.
06/2005 - 03/2007, Internal Auditor, Deloitte LLP, London, United Kingdom
- Undertook independent investigations where necessary of frauds and irregularities.
- Assisted the Lead Auditor in planning and managing audit mandates, including documentation of work performed, management of costs and time for the mandates.
- Communicated with operating and financial management, established and maintained strong working relationships with all levels of management.
09/2004 - 05/2005, MBA in Accounting & Finance, Lawrence University, Appleton, United States
09/2000 - 06/2004, B.S. in Accounting (graduated with honors), Lawrence University, Appleton WI, United States
Certification - Internal Auditor
Achievements & Certifications
2017, Fraud Identification Expert Certification, Financial Services Barkley London
2010, Most Efficient Internal Auditor 2010, Alpha Bank London
QAD and Cyberquiry
Data Entry & Management
Exceptional Analytical Skills
Organizational & Time Management Skills
Identifying Concerns & Audit Findings
Management of Banking Audit Procedures
Understanding of Various Business Lines