Dental Assistant Resume Sample (Textversion)
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Team-oriented and dedicated Dental Assistant with 6+ years of extensive experience and comprehensive background in providing support to professional dentists and competent services to patients in fast-paced dental clinics. Adept at instructing patients, monitoring and managing supplies, and maintaining the office appointment calendar. Obtained a Dental Assistant Associate Degree and a Dental Hygienist Bachelor's Degree.
05/2016 - 08/2019, Certified Dental Assistant, Pro Care Dental Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Trained 2 new Dental Assistants in monitoring, ordering, and stocking hygiene room supplies, managing patient recalls, and disinfecting and arranging work. Assisted up to 3 dentists in their daily duties — all examinations, cleanings, and procedures.
- Prepared up to 30 patients daily to undergo dental procedures and assisted dentists with sterilizing instruments, setting up instrument trays, and preparing materials.
- Reordered and issued all medical/dental supplies within budgetary constraints and maintained a perpetual inventory control.
- Ensured all dental records and information were up to date and ready for the dentists.
- Scheduled appointments and sent reminders using Appointee scheduling software, filled in insurance documents, prepared bills, and received payment for dental services.
07/2013 - 02/2016, Registered Dental Assistant, Berlin Dental Services, Berlin, Germany
Monitored all records and policies related to OSHA and back-office sterilization processes.
- Assisted in four-handed dentistry and other chair-side duties.
- Managed patient intake by interviewing and filing patient information for dentist referral for over 100 patients.
- Maintained a clean, sterile, and positive environment, thus ensuring patient comfort and safety.
- Assisted the dentist during the procedure by handing a correct instrument.
09/2009 - 06/2013, Bachelor's Degree in Dental Assisting/Anatomy, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, United States
Certified, Commission on Dental Accredit
DANB Certified Dental Assistant Exam
Microsoft Office Suite
Henry Schein Dentrix
Attention to Detail
Getting lost in a good book
Exploring tropical lands
Walking dogs from shelters