Student Resume Pre-law (Text version)
Date of birth: 1829-03-04
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: (999) 999 9999
09/2013 - 06/2016, BA History / Legal Studies, University of Pennsylvania
Cumulative GPA: 3.4/4.0; LSAT: 168/180
Honors: Dean’s List, Fall 2008-Winter 2011; Nike Inner-City Scholarship, Fall 2008
10/2015 - 12/2015, Study Abroad, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Participated in 2010 Fall Study Abroad Program focused on civil law and business.
09/2015, Legal Intern, Adams County Juvenile Court Public Defenders Office, Gettysburg, PA
- Collaborated with Legal Research Department in reconstructing a new database from existing files.
- Interviewed clients prior to trial and obtained valid information for cases.
- Researched topics pertaining to juvenile law to become better aware of relevant cases.
- Docketed files and cross-referenced data to the proper cases for future reference.
- Created Excel Spreadsheets to classify and report information to Public Defenders.
02/2016 - 05/2016, Research Assistant, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Performed research for lawyers and law students.
- Complied and critically analyzed actual wrongfully convicted cases and produced case briefs.
- Utilized LexisNexis and Westlaw databases for appellate briefs and court documents.
- Engaged in biweekly professional development seminars covering topics such as torts, civil procedure, document review, and legal writing.
09/2016 - present, Editorial Assistant, Pennsylvania University Press, Philadelphia, PA
- Edit various manuscripts, including short story anthologies, drama, novels, and educational and scholarly work.
- Prepare files for copyediting by entering typesetting codes, fact-checking references and consistency of style.
- Input author and copyeditor changes to files, review page proofs, query authors and discrepancies in manuscripts.
06/2014 - 09/2014, Tutor, University of Pennsylvania Writing Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Tutor undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty on all genres of writing.
Processing Consistency - 96%
Planning Speed - 83%
Attention Duration - 77%