CPA Tax Accountant Resume Sample (Text version)
Date of birth: 1834-21-11
Highly motivated and enthusiastic accounting professional with proven experience in business bookkeeping, tax accounting and financial management. Reputation for investigating and resolving issues and constantly striving for process improvement. Independent, creative and critical thinker with sound judgment and strategic decision-making competencies as well as ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
2015 - 2017, U.S. Tax Analyst, XYZ Co., Toronto
Responsible for preparing working papers, reviewing and preparing tax expense and tax liability account reconciliations and estimating / remitting quarterly federal and state tax payments.
- Provided accurate financial projections by computing monthly tax provision to estimate current / future income taxes.
- Ensured compliance with U.S. Tax Laws by preparing U.S. Corporate Federal and State income tax returns.
- Determined impact of new legislation on Corporation by performing tax research and staying current on new information.
2013 - 2015, Financial Accountant, XYZ Co., Toronto
Responsible for reviewing bank reconciliations, assisting in completing month and cash reconciliation and approving journal entries prepared by junior accountant working under my supervision.
- Reduced bad debt by writing off bad debts, setting up bad debt provision and preparing bad debt report as well as preparing monthly ageing report and reducing credit period from 90 to 60 days.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements by performing crucial work including: Preparing SOX documentation procedures for banking processes; preparing sale of receivable report for Royal Bank of Canada, ensuring all ratios were within debt covenants.
2011 - 2013, Accountant, ABC Company
- Processed accounts payable transaction and ensured that all vendor bills were paid accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Appraised, evaluated, and inventoried real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Transferred details from separate journals to general ledgers or data professing sheets.
- Maintained and updated cash flow for all bank accounts, including main operating account.
- Maintained strict client confidentiality as required.
2008 - 2011, BSc Accounting and Finance, University of Massachusetts, Isenberg, MA
- Cumulative GPA: 3.9 / 4.0
- Honors: Dean's List Fall 2008–Spring 2011; UMass School of Management Innovation Challenge finalist
MS Visual Basci
Attention to Detail