Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Knowing that AR is just one piece of the complex financial jigsaw puzzle in an organization, I always try to think out of the box, to demonstrate an excellent understanding of all accounting procedures, and to propose improvements to continually enhance the function. In practice, this translates to:
- a deep knowledge of billing, accounting, and collections processes, systems, and best practices
- the ability to combine meticulous financial management with objective critical thinking in order to provide sound guidance to leadership on customer accounts and billings
- regular leadership and organizational recognition (Team of the Year, Employee of the Month x 3)
08/2015 - present, Accounts Receivable Clerk, ICELAND Ltd, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Perform cash collection and account reconciliations; work closely with Credit Department.
- Generate invoices and account statements.
- Cross-check invoice accuracy with price list and requisition forms before posting to clients.
- Produce monthly financial and management reports for local and district leadership.
- Assist in general financial management and analysis; investigate and resolve discrepancies.
03/2010 - 04/2015, Accounts Receivable Clerk, IBM Technology Campus, Dublin, Ireland
- Pulled proof of deliveries, matched debit memos/credits, and scanned reports.
- Prepared remittances for cash application including assigning deductions to correct classifications.
- Researched and allocated payments for over 15,000 accounts in < 3 months.
- Implemented new procedures to increase AR efficiency, leading to 37% decrease in paperwork and while reducing processing time by 75%.
06/2009 - 05/2010, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Alteryx, Inc, London, United Kingdom
- Handled daily credit and collections activities in relation to 2,450 accounts.
09/2008 - 05/2009, Master of Accounting & Finance, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
09/2004 - 06/2008, B.S. (Hon) in Accounting, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Credit Billing Act
Data Entry & Management Skills
Attention to Detail
Excellent Customer Service
Ability to Prioritize & Multitask
Organization & Planning