Accounts Receivable Clerk Resume Example (Text version)
E-mail address: email@example.com
Knowing that the A/R role is just one part of the complex financial process in an organization, I always try to think out of the box, and to have a good understanding of the whole accounting procedures and improvements. My professional experience taught me to be:
- Precise and self-motivated Accounts Receivable (A/R) professional with a thorough knowledge of billing, accounting and collections processes, systems and best practices.
- Accurate and detail-oriented accounts manager combining financial management skills with critical thinking to make sound decisions regarding the proper handling of customer accounts and billings.
- Recognized as a highly dedicated worker driven to meet accounts receivable KPIs and contribute to the company’s profitability by improving procedures and controls.
08/2015 - present, Accounts Receivable Clerk, ICELAND Ltd, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Handling a broad scope of internal processes consisting of the daily management of, calling with customers, collections, billings, reconciliations, as well as month-end-closing in compliance with GAAP with the main focus on accounts receivable functions.
- Preparing, examining and analyzing accounting records financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy completeness and compliance with reporting and procedural standards.
- Performing cash collection and account reconciliation and working closely with the credit department.
- Cross-checking accuracy of invoices with price list and requisition forms before posting them to clients.
03/2010 - 04/2015, Accounts Receivable Clerk, IBM Technology Campus, Ireland, United Kingdom
- Researched and allocated payments for more than 15,000 accounts in a short-deadline situation.
- Implemented new procedures to increase the progress and efficiency of A/R which improved time work and aged receivables by 75%.
- Performed daily administrative tasks, pulling proof of deliveries, matching debit memos/credits and scanning reports.
- Remittance preparation for cash application including assigning deductions to correct classifications.
- Assisted on ongoing projects.
06/2009 - 05/2010, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Alteryx, Inc, London, United Kingdom
As A/R Specialist I was responsible for daily credit and collections activity as part of the fast-paced goal oriented Accounting team. At this position I've gained collections and financials skills, outstanding attention to detail, great customer service, and research and problem-solving skills.
09/2008 - 05/2009, Master of Science in Accounting & Finance, Dublin City University, Dublin, United Kingdom
09/2004 - 06/2008, B.S. in Accounting (graduated with honors), Dublin City University, Dublin, United Kingdom
Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Credit Billing Act
Data Entry & Management
Attention to Detail
Excellent Customer Service
Ability to Prioritize & Multitask
Organization & Planning