Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Sample (Text version)
Organized and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist with excellent abilities to process invoices accurately and quickly. Working 8 years in finance, I’m able to cope with and thrive in a rapidly-changing, diverse, and fast-paced environment. Dedicated to providing the current state of accounts reports to improve cash flow management. A team player with a hands-on attitude willing to learn and advance. Possess an insatiable drive to achieve and exceed personal but also team goals.
09/2013 - 07/2018, Accounts Payable Specialist, Salesforce, Paris, France
Managed accurate processing of up to 10,000 invoices (€1.2M) per month while being in charge of vendor/supplier relations, purchasing orders, expense reports, and payment transactions.
- Communicated extensively with upper management and conducted detailed financial analysis, with focus on providing insights to the rest of the related departments.
- Ensured correct payments to third parties according to local and corporate instructions and regulations.
- Prepared vendor checks, and maintaining detailed records of all transactions in Excel.
01/2010 - 06/2013, Accounts Payable Clerk, SAP, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Responsible for billing, accounting and collection, accounts payable, financial statement preparation, reporting, analyzing of automated data as well as engaging with the internal & external audit teams. Gained strong expertise in US GAAP and IRS taxes rules and regulations.
- Processed vendor payments by giving priority for cash discount invoices.
- Performed three way match reconciliation of purchase order to goods receipt to invoice.
- Reviewed and cleared monthly journals for accurate charges and payments to creditors.
- Supported and participated in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement.
06/2009 - 01/2010, Intern at Accounting Department, SAP, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Assisted with projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting processes.
- Assisted in closing activities, and ad-hoc workload as needed.
- Entry of invoices and credit memos for assigned suppliers.
- Assisted in month end tasks to finalize AP module, create accruals and account for prepayments.
09/2008 - 05/2009, Master of Science in Finance/Accounting, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
09/2004 - 07/2008, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Amsterdam, NL
2011, Associate of Applied Science in Accounting, Universiteit van Amsterdam
2010, Bookkeeper Certification, Universiteit van Amsterdam
UNIX Based Accounting System
ERP, EDI & Financial System Technologies
Vendor Negotiations & Management
Journal Entries & General Ledger
Corporate Accounting & Bookkeeping
GAAP Standards & Government Regulation