Insurance Underwriter Resume Sample (Text version)
Address: 114 Harrogate Road, NE40 6HJ, Southampton, United Kingdom
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 070 5792 0183
Accurate and results-driven finance professional with 2+ years of extensive experience in fast-paced business environments. Effective communicator who excels at performing risk assessment, reviewing and evaluating insurance applications, and providing beneficial advice and support to clients. Possessing excellent knowledge of Finance and Economics, extraordinary analytical skills, and great teamwork abilities, Iwan is presently seeking an Insurance Underwriter job.
06/2016 - 04/2019, Insurance Underwriter, QBE Insurance Group Limited, Southampton, United Kingdom
- Reviewed and evaluated new applications, performed risk assessment, and maintained all insurance documents, including certificates, endorsements, invoices, etc.
- Communicated with clients via phone or email, scheduled appointments, and participated in weekly team meetings with managers.
- Provided beneficial advice and knowledge to clients; authorized and processes all life insurance approvals.
- Collaborated with colleagues on the development and implementation of new financial procedures which streamlined the whole insurance application process.
- Recognized by executives and awarded Employee of the Month twice for performing great work.
09/2012 - 05/2016, Economics & Finance, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
First Class Honours (Top 10% of the Programme)
Clubs and Societies: Economics Society, FinTech Society, Tennis Club
09/2010 - 05/2012, IB Diploma Program, International American School, Warsaw, Poland
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 6 subjects)
Activities: Math Society, Chess Club, Volleyball Club
A1 Tracker, SIBRO
1app – C2MS Insurance Software
Good Team Player
Knowledge of Finance & Economics
09/2010 - 05/2014, Class Treasurer, International American School, Warsaw, Poland
04/2016, Certified Insurance Counselor, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)