Detroit Public Schools Teacher Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Internationally Experienced Teacher
World class educator with domestic and international teaching experience
“We must remember
that intelligence is not enough.
Intelligence plus character is the goal of true education.” ~Dr. Martin L. King Jr.
Highlights: Experienced and certified secondary teacher with 5 years teaching experience.
Experienced working with students from multiple ethnicities, backgrounds and religions.
Experienced in USA Common Core curriculum, IB programs.
08/2018 - present, IB Business/Economics Teacher, Emirates National School, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Craft and present cross cultural lesson plans for over 150 ESL students
- Introduced US Common Core Standards to Emirate students
- Develop ESL students English & grammar skills
- Created and launched a school-wide PBIS program
- Manage classroom behavior to ensure an environment that is conducive to learning
09/2014 - 08/2018, Social Studies Teacher, Cass Technical High School, Detroit, USA
- Designed and executed student-centered based lesson plans (in accordance with state standards),
- Planned and implemented all aspects of the classroom: grading, creating formative and summative assessments
- Prepared students for M-STEP & SAT test,
- Corresponded with parents regarding student achievement
- Member of school improvement team
01/2012 - 04/2014, Masters of Arts- Education, University of Michigan, Flint, Michigan, USA
Detroit Teacher Project
Certifications: Social Studies (rx) &Business
08/1997 - 04/2001, Bachelors of Business Admin., Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, USA
Marketing, Haworth College of Business
IB DP/MYP curriculum
05/2018, Impact Educator Award, Detroit Public Schools
Selected as the teacher having the highest impact on the education of multiple Sum-ma Cum Laude graduating students.