How to write an impressive marketing assistant cover letter
Marketing assistants play an essential role in any marketing department, helping senior marketers with a wide variety of different tasks and offering extra support when needed. To become a marketing assistant, you need an impressive cover letter that showcases your top qualifications for the position.
In this guide, we discuss five simple steps for crafting an impressive marketing assistant cover letter. Continue reading to learn all about:
- Creating a marketing assistant cover letter header
- Personalizing the content of your marketing assistant cover letter
- Describing your experience effectively in a cover letter introduction
- Listing your top skills and accomplishments as a marketing assistant
- Concluding your marketing assistant cover letter concisely
1. How to create a proper marketing assistant cover letter header
As a marketing assistant, the first key step to take when writing a cover letter is to craft a memorable header. A cover letter header can serve a vital purpose when it comes to helping your letter stand out from competitors, so taking the time to make sure your header looks great is essential.
Within a header, you should include:
- Your name and professional title
- Your professional contact information
- The name and address of the company you are applying to
- The department of the company (when applicable)
Here is an example of a well-formatted marketing assistant header
Ben Burns, Marketing Assistant
(123) 456-7890 | firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/ben-burns
To: Piedmont Tech Solutions
1234 Street Address
2. How to personalize the content of your marketing assistant cover letter
Following the completion of your cover letter header, you will now research the company you are applying to in greater depth. The information you uncover in your research will be used to personalize your cover letter to be as tailored as possible to a specific employer.
When researching a company, key information to look for includes the company’s values, goals, and current projects. Current partnerships and major clients can also be great details to uncover.
Additionally, you should attempt to discover who at the company is in charge of hiring tasks. Once you have found this person, create a personalized greeting that addresses this person by name.
Here are 3 examples of personalized cover letter greetings
- Dear Head Marketer Joe King,
- Dear Mr. Joe King,
- Dear Mr. Joe King & the Marketing Department
3. How to craft an eye-catching marketing assistant cover letter introduction
Now that you have a personalized greeting in place, it is finally time to begin writing your introduction.
An introduction is an important element of any cover letter, as it serves to hook the attention of the employer and make them want to read more. To make your introduction effective in this way, it is crucial to use compelling details and language.
In a marketing assistant cover letter introduction, aim to include the following key details:
- A brief overview of your professional history
- A statement on why you are a great fit for the company and position
- Any specializations you possess in the field of marketing
Here is an example of an effective introduction from a marketing assistant’s cover letter
Dear Head Marketer Joe King,
I am a seasoned marketing assistant with 5+ years of experience working in social media and digital marketing. As your new marketing assistant, I can bring a high level of professional value to the table, including numerous connections to potential clients looking for a new marketing partner. Your company’s focus on social media marketing combined with my long-term experience with social media makes me the perfect candidate for this role.
4. How to list your top skills and accomplishments as a marketing assistant
After completing your cover letter introduction, you must now write your body paragraphs.
The introduction does most of the heavy lifting in terms of grabbing the employer’s attention. By contrast, the body paragraphs must keep that attention by offering key insights into your top skills and accomplishments as a marketing assistant.
As you describe your qualifications in your cover letter, make sure to use the information you gathered while researching the company to make your descriptions as relevant to the employer as possible.
Here are 6 examples of skills to include in a marketing assistant cover letter
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional collaboration abilities
- Time management
- Deep knowledge of marketing methods
- Attention to detail
- Strict adherence to deadlines
Here is an example of how to describe an accomplishment in a marketing assistant cover letter
As a marketing assistant at my former employer, I supported the marketing team by managing the company blog and creating blog content on a daily basis. Resulting from my work on the blog, online web traffic to the company’s website increased by 30% and digital engagement increased by more than 20% across various digital channels.
5. How to effectively conclude your marketing assistant cover letter
At long last, we have arrived at the end of your cover letter.
To keep your cover letter sounding strong and effective through to the end, you need a concise conclusion that includes key details, such as:
- A statement about your enthusiasm for the position and gratitude to the person reading your letter
- Information on how and when you can best be contacted to schedule a meeting or interview
- A formal sign-off
Here is an example of a concise and effective conclusion from a marketing assistant cover letter
I humbly extend my thanks for taking the time to read my cover letter. As your new marketing assistant, I can guarantee I will support your marketing team with both collaborative and independent work. To best reach me regarding an interview or meeting, call me at (123) 456-7890 any day of the week between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Publikované 21. marec 2023
Martin je odborník na životopisy a kariérne poradenstvo v spoločnosti Kickresume. Počas piatich rokov pôsobenia v spoločnosti Kickresume napísal takmer 100 podrobných a dôkladne preskúmaných článkov s radami pre životopisy a ako hlavný redaktor upravil a zrevidoval každý článok na tejto webovej stránke. Martinove rady týkajúce sa životopisov si každý mesiac prečítajú desiatky tisíc uchádzačov o zamestnanie. Vyštudoval angličtinu na univerzite v St Andrews a komparatívnu literatúru na univerzite v Amsterdame.