University of Maryland Research Assistant Resume Example (Text version)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 555-555-5555
Performance-driven Physiology & Neurobiology student offering exceptional analytical skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy. Effective team player with the important ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
01/2019 - present, Research Assistant, University of Maryland, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College Park, United States
- Provided daily care for mice and guinea pigs to aid research efforts.
- Received training in laboratory and bio-hazard safety practices.
- Worked in and received training for a BSL-2 facility.
- Attended weekly lab meetings to discuss current research findings.
10/2017 - present, Associate, Aristotle Circle, New York, United States
- Tutored peers in a variety of subjects to boost understanding.
- Helped underprivileged students fully understand subject material.
09/2016 - present, Sales Associate, Congressional Aquarium, Rockville, United States
- Revitalized social media campaigns to bring increased foot traffic into the store.
- Reorganized various product sections to make them easily accessible to customers.
- Maintained live goods and various equipment to ensure smooth operation.
- Facilitated daily sales to increase overall company revenue.
09/2018 - present, Biological Sciences: Physiology & Neurobiology, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, United States
- Refined leadership and critical thinking skills while in the Justice and Legal Thought College Park Scholars living and learning program.
- Expanded horizons through multiple extracurriculars such as marching band.
- Prepared for medical school while taking a full-course load with a current GPA of 3.70.
Biohazard Level 2 Standards
10/2015, Eagle Scout, Silver Palm, Boy Scouts of America
- Demonstrated leadership ability through a 250+ hour service project that built two 30’ rain gardens, volunteered at numerous eagle projects including rebuilding conservation signs at a state park, and learned various skills through 39 merit badge achievements.
04/2013 - present, Bugler, Bugles Across America, United States
- Volunteered to perform military funeral honors for deceased veterans.
08/2018 - present, Trumpet, Mighty Sound of Maryland, College Park, United States
- Demonstrated mastery of the trumpet through game-day performances.
04/2008 - present, Altar Server, St. Mary's Parish, Barnesville, United States
- Led a variety of ceremonies, helped at annual picnics, and trained fellow peers.
04/2011 - 07/2018, Junior Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scout Troop 1097, Germantown, United States
- Demonstrated leadership ability through planning weekly events, monthly weekend outings, and coordinating the leadership team.