We are looking for Senior Software Engineer specializing in iOS native app development to help us build the next generation of the Reverb app to support our Buyers and Sellers with everything they do on the Reverb platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for building out features and improvements, collaborating with other devs to design / establish our customs, best practices, and architecture, and help grow more junior developers.
Do you find joy in working in a modern codebase, shipping weekly, and seeing the impact of your work? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policies here.
What’s this team like at Reverb?
- The AppX team is responsible for the entire Reverb experience on iOS
- We are a cross functional team of iOS & Android engineers along with PMs and designers, all working collaboratively together to ship quickly.
- Currently, we are working to expand how personalized the app is, with more tools for users to categories / collect the gear they love or want and better recommendations.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Most of an engineer's day is spent at the task at hand: building / extending features and experiments.
- Working with stakeholders to fill in the blanks and answer critical questions about current projects / work.
- Helping define upcoming features / experiments, exploring and spiking on them as needed.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other native engineers to push our codebase forward with investments in new technology and best practices
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 3 - 4 years of iOS experience.
- Successful tracking record of building and releasing high quality applications.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to develop / iterate on ideas, providing technical guidance and product leadership.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to develop APIs to safely and efficiently power our mobile experiences.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know.
While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.