Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Design team is searching for their future Custom Designer. This role is perfect for you if you are an illustrator and/or graphic designer with experience or familiarity with print design and interest in decorated apparel. You are efficient with your time, able to create artwork quickly while preserving quality.
This is a remote contract job, and you will be part of the international design team collaborating with the US-based team. You will work with our Customer Support, Sales, and Marketing teams to create t-shirt designs for our many customers. We connect over internal platforms and online tools, and proficiency in these platforms will be crucial to your success in this role. We are flexible for time frames you are able to complete work; however, we especially prefer designers who can work within US time zones and on weekends.
This role lies within our Operations department and reports to the Design Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European and South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Creating t-shirt art in a fast-paced work environment
- Creating t-shirt art concepts for a diverse range of customers and subject matter
- Combining hand illustration and computer skills to create original graphics exclusive to Bonfire
- Working with design team and design coordinators on print parameters and execution
- Communicating with US-based team members via custom online platform
- Advanced illustration skills
- Versatility in illustrative styles and ability to work in multiple styles
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in print design and prepress design
- Advanced English communication skills
- Strong time-management and problem solving skills
- Proactive, detail-oriented, team player
- Have access to essential tools to perform the job:
- internet: 15-20MB upload/download
- Software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- High powered laptop or desktop with video capability
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself