Discord is looking for an experienced Stock Administration Manager to join our team to support the day-to-day and end-to-end Administration of Discord’s global equity programs, including equity grants, option exercises, RSU releases, ESPP and special projects. You will partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Payroll, Tax, Legal, and HR teams to answer employee inquiries, educate employees on equity programs, improve processes, implement controls, and provide reporting as needed. You will also work directly with external auditors and third party vendors. This is an Individual Contributor position that will report to the Senior Manager, Stock Administration that can be based in San Francisco or remotely.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Administer Discord’s global equity programs and partner with other functional leads (including in Legal, HR, Payroll, Tax, and Finance) to develop processes which ensure the accuracy of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation, and auditing.
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans globally including eligibility, enrollment, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, tax mobility file, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions (in partnership with Legal and Payroll as needed).
- Provide a superior level of service, prioritizing, and satisfying multiple questions and requests from employees, management, and others to support the understanding of stock plan services. Design and implement educational sessions and communication regarding Discord’s equity programs.
- Prepare and timely file Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5) including reporting, reviewing, and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans. Manage the overall quarterly calendar of various stock administration related activities and preparation of year-end tax information for IRC 6039 reporting.
- Ensure SOX compliance and controls on all aspects of the equity plan including documentation, testing and audit support. Ensure that all forms of equity compensation are administered following the terms and conditions of the plan(s) under which they are granted.
You’ll Thrive In This Role If You Have...
- 4+ years in stock plan administration, with experience at a private and public company.
- Certified Equity Professional.
- Experience with global equity plans and managing an equity administration system, and strong excel and GSuite skills.
- Experience with Carta and Fidelity Experience.
- Experience with Form filings (Form 3, 4, and 5).
- A passion for equity and helping our employees understand it.
- Outstanding analytical, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges.
- System implementations and integrations experience preferred.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $145,000 to $158,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!