At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a remote position. Close proximity to Seattle is preferred.
Why We Need You
When you use a Glowforge you can immediately tell that it takes a magnificent blend of technologies working together in harmony to make your creation. However, when the technology fails or is not in harmony, then the only thing our customers get is disappointment and frustration.
Your role is incredibly important to Glowforge because you and your team are the guardians of delightful experiences as you ensure that our products are delivering on the promises we made to our customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We need a hands-on Quality champion with the vision and experience to build out the team, processes and tools of an elite quality organization, is a master in root cause analysis and cross functional collaboration to identify and implement product quality improvements.
Your team will be managing all aspects of Hardware Quality.
You will work with the Glowforge Design and Operations teams to ensure we launch products first time right and the highest quality levels, leveraging and maturing our Advanced Product Quality Planning system and inserting yourself early in the design stages of new products.
Our component suppliers and contract manufacturing partners will deliver high quality components and products to Glowforge because our team writes clear specifications and then ensures that those requirements are understood and implemented.
Did you know the Glowforge printer is one of the only products on the market that actually gets better with time? It does so because of the work that your team does in analyzing failures leading to corrective actions that will continually improve our products.
Your leadership will be on full display as you train, mentor and coach team members by using your data and process driven approach.
In the end, your attention to detail and working with the spirit of partnership will mean our current products and future products will greatly benefit from your expertise!
You need these qualifications
- 8+ years of overall Quality experience with 4-5 of them in managerial capacity
- A four-year degree in ME or IE or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of quality improvement
- Experience with similar products and/or technologies
- Deep knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Statistics, Design of Experiments, and Data Analysis
- Your amazing successes and spectacular failures have taught you lessons that you are ready to apply to this role.
It would be nice if…
- You have excelled at both startups and big companies in the electro-mechanical industry
- You have worked with suppliers and manufacturing partners in countries other than the USA
- You have experience with plastics, sheet metal, and electrical components
- You have some experience in Regulatory, safety and Compliance testing
- Send us a resume (with a cover letter) or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.