Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote-friendly and continue to be. Learn more about how we're evolving Reddit's workforce here.
Our mission is to create brand-new products and business models that deepen conversation, community, and connection on Reddit. We believe the Internet was meant to be a frontier — a land of possibility, freedom, and creativity. We want to put people back in control. To do so, we created an X team. Now’s your chance to join a world-class team and help us build a better future for online communities and users.
As a Product Design Manager for Marketplace, you will apply your passion for guiding our design processes, mentoring talented members of your team, and collaborating with leaders of other Design, Product, and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Reddit’s products. You will define new UX paradigms for the new creator economy enabled by blockchain, digital collectibles, and other digital assets, specifically around web3 and artists/creators. This role is for a leader who participates and executes a vision and strategy, scales their impact by empowering other designers on the team, leads the delivery, and is a key contributor to design artifacts.
What You’ll Do
- Aesthetic and Functional innovation – you will introduce innovation into every project you manage, thinking of new ways to create unique designs that have meaningful impacts on users.
- Team management – since you manage a team of multiple designers, you should be able to manage and resolve conflict between individual team members and between different teams
- Leadership – you are a good leader who is able to deliver clear feedback to your team members
- Deadline management – you ensure team and project deadlines are met
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of Product Designers. Provide thought leadership across diverse products on the platform.
- Build relationships with leaders to implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Bring a deep expertise in Design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research).
- Think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details.
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity.
- Proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step.
- Develop processes and Identify opportunities for improvements that drive quality and efficiency to help designers accomplish more than what they could otherwise.
- Identify product features and influence business strategy based on an accurate understanding of the needs and expectations of our users, customers, and partners.
What We Can Expect From You
- A role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers: You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of.
- Design managers are artistic and creative, familiar with design quality and the strategies involved in creating good designs.
- Wise decision maker and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile).
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information.
- Strong communication skills as the position requires working closely with other leaders in engineering, product, and presenting to executive sponsors.
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.