We are looking for an experienced product leader for our Risk product engineering team. Are you motivated by working on some of the hardest, most financially impactful customer problems at Etsy? If so, this could be the perfect match!
The Risk product engineering team is responsible for protecting buyers, sellers, and Etsy from unsafe transactions and bad customer experiences. As a Group Product Manager, you will lead a team of PMs to build capabilities that empower Etsy to manage risk at scale. You’re also responsible for establishing the overarching product vision and strategy for this area.
Given the outsized impact of this team's work on Etsy's marketplace, we require a product leader who thinks strategically, is highly analytical, and works well in a dynamic environment. We're looking for an experienced professional who drives hard while maintaining empathy, who makes decisions firmly and objectively.
Advocacy is a key component of the job. As the product champion of Risk, you'll bring that perspective to our product organization and the rest of the company, advocating for building product experiences with risk reduction in mind. This role will present to executives regularly on our progress against Risk business goals and product engineering goals.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Product Management and the base salary range will be 194,000.00 - 252,000 USD. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policies here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Grow, lead, and empower a team of product managers responsible for leading Risk end to end including seller risk, buyer risk, and account risk.
- Partner with leaders in Trust & Safety, Payments, and other organizations to define and prioritize the highest impact projects to mitigate Fraud and Risk while adapting to changing trends across the marketplace.
- Represent Risk in initiatives led by other organizations. Enable the business to grow while ensuring appropriate protections are built to maintain our trusted marketplace.
- Thoughtfully prioritize and balance our portfolio of longer-term foundational investments vs. shorter-term iterative projects.
- Regularly present to our company executives on roadmap progress, strategy and prioritization.
- Own and define/refine the metrics of your team’s products, including impact to our business and our customers
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally 2+ years of experience managing product managers.
- A global understanding of the Risk and Trust management landscape, including staying up to date with new strategies and technologies.
- An outstanding candidate has built successful products within Trust & Safety, Payments Fraud, and/or Risk domains.
- Ability to strike the right balance between fraud/risk reduction and customer experience and business enablement.
- Ability to drive cross-functional decision-making and influencing effectively through informal authority.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication. By knowing your audience, you communicate effectively across departments including PM, Design, Finance, Engineering, Research, Operations, and Etsy leadership.
- A strong belief in Etsy’s vision, mission and values
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.