Are you a developer who enjoys enabling other developers to build great applications and user experiences?
We are looking for a talented engineer and support specialist to help us deliver a consistently exceptional developer experience for our partners. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will play a significant and visible role in helping them incorporate Olo’s APIs and various technical tools into their applications and solutions.
Many of these restaurant chains create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs. Likewise, the emergence of third-party restaurant marketplaces and delivery services has opened new sales channels for restaurant chains, and Olo enables those channels via integrations to our APIs. We also work with a broad array of food delivery providers, POS vendors, and loyalty platform providers who integrate their solutions into the Olo Platform to enable a complete digital ordering experience. Working on Olo’s Developer Support team will give you the opportunity to assist developers from the most innovative and notable tech companies in the food space.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engineering Support - You will provide integration partners and customers with technical guidance on a wide range of topics related to our APIs, SDKs, webhooks, and other technical tools and development concepts. You will also investigate and resolve problems they report with their integration.
- Documentation - You will use your experience in support to contribute changes and updates to our API documentation.
- Certifications - You will certify integrations meet security requirements and best practices before granting access to a production environment.
- Processes - You will collaborate with teams across Olo on ideas to improve, remove, or create new processes that will improve the experience of our customers, integrators, and the team.
What We'll Expect From You
- Curiosity and a drive to figure things out, even when provided with minimal information
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Agility: Enjoys the variability of supporting multiple APIs and tools where new features are constantly being added, and is eager to untangle ambiguous problems
- Experience in a software development role, or demonstrated proficiency with the following:
- Common programming concepts (MVC architecture, RESTful APIs, webhooks)
- Comfort with multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Debugging code or solving complex problems within an application
- Query language (like SQL or MQL)
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $122k-142k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Residents: CCPA notice