Bonfire is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer which will be responsible for implementing application solutions both in the cloud as well as participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the DevOps space.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about and serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with “good enough”, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork.
Have we been looking for you?
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
This contractor role is only open to candidates located in Europe or South America.
- You are a critical thinker, a fast learner, and enjoy being a problem solver
- Working with AWS cloud infrastructure with AWS services, CLI, and API in all types of environments, including production is your second nature
- You know how to support high-traffic, public-facing systems
- You have extensive knowledge of Linux environments
- You’re proficient in scripting with Python and shell
- Implement scalable, resilient, and secure solutions in AWS cloud having experience in provisioning and configuration of AWS services and tools
- Integrate and implement best practices and DevOps methodologies in every step of the engineering process
- Participate in engineering efforts to support new features delivery into production systems
- Document and keep up to date the infrastructure architecture documentation and diagrams
- Manage and improve CI/CD tooling
- Implement and improve monitoring telemetry and alerting
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years of experience managing and administering AWS cloud infrastructure with AWS services
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledgeable with microservices development and design patterns
- Someone who has worked with several of the following tools, but is open to exploring new options too:
- Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, GitLab…
- Cloud technologies – fluent in AWS
- Container technologies, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself