nClouds is a credentialed, award-winning provider of DevOps and cloud professional services, products, and solutions, specializing in modern infrastructures on AWS. We work as an extension of our clients and love tackling their stickiest challenges. All so our clients can deliver innovation faster and create awesome customer experiences.
Support Engineer is directly responsible for handling alerts and tickets for the assigned clients and works under the supervision of Senior Support Engineer.
- First level of responder to client’s infrastructure issues, alerts, tickets and queries.
- Ensure in-time response to client’s alerts, tickets and queries within agreed upon SLA.
- Ensure manning of the alert management system (PagerDuty) during his/her shift.
- Assist Senior Support Engineer in building and maintaining Runbooks of the assigned clients.
- Create Root Cause Analysis Reports (RCAs) for major incidents that occur during his/her shift.
- Assist Senior Support Engineer in configuring and maintaining monitoring and alerting platforms for the assigned clients infrastructure.
- Assist Senior Support Engineer in training Trainee Support Engineers.
- Complete assigned training and certifications.
- Actively participate in Demos and write blog posts.
- Good understanding of basic cloud concepts.
- At least 1 year hands on experience with some basic to intermediate level skills on Linux/Unix based OS.
- Basic to Intermediate level knowledge and some hands-on experience with AWS services like VPC, EC2, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, RDS, ECS/EKS, Lambda, Opsworks, VPN etc.
- Basic to Intermediate level knowledge of Shell/Bash scripting.
- Hands-on experience and basic knowledge of Monitoring tools like Nagios, Icinga, datadog, NewRelic, Cloudwatch etc.
- Hands-on experience and basic knowledge of logging tools like AWS Cloudwatch logs, Papertrail, Datadog Logs, sumologic etc.
- Basic experience in using Alert Management Systems like PagerDuty, Opsgenie or VictorOps etc.
- Understanding of concepts like DevOps and SRE.
- Ability to rotate in 24/7 shifts, including weekends.
- Ability and hunger to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent written/verbal English language communication skills.
Please apply only if you have at least 1 year of relevant experience and if you are good at supporting customers on their queries or helping customers to solve their technical issues.
We require a Technical Support Engineer who should be flexible to work in a 24/7 shift rotation.