You are an experienced generalist with a wide and advanced set of design skills including user interface design, user experience design, an understanding of usability concerns, and the ability to write clear and concise copy. You enjoy the challenge of designing for sometimes deeply technical problems.
You will be responsible for understanding and designing new features and improvements as part of a small, but growing, product and design team. You will ensure the solution satisfies the initial problem statement, is technically viable, and integrates well with existing design patterns(or adds new ones when necessary). You will also collaborate with Product Managers to test and validate designs with end users.
- Have 5+ years experience in product design.
- Have helped build and maintain design systems in Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy.
- Have designed beautiful and elegant solutions for desktop/mobile SaaS products and are familiar with the space.
- Understand technical constraints, their impact, and can adjust your design approach accordingly.
- Enjoy the problem solving aspects of design, and you’ve had experience working on complex web or desktop/mobile apps.
- Have been wrong and can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from that experience.
- Are not precious about your designs and can accept constructive feedback freely. Equally, you can argue effectively for your viewpoint when needed.
- Are able to easily demonstrate your process for taking rough concepts and briefs from lo-fi sketches through to high fidelity mockups ready to be implemented. You’re confident in communicating the rationale of your decisions.
- Are based in the United States
- Conceive, design, build, and launch new user-facing features(AI, reporting, collaboration, communication, automation, search, etc.)
- Build out and improve our design system(with accessibility in mind)
- Improve our mobile apps(responsive web, iOS, Android)
- Build “Dark Mode”
- Design seamless integrations with popular third-party tools
- Redesign parts of the app and establish new UI/UX patterns
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.